Super Realistic Military Sim - Coming Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Realistic Military Sim - Coming Soon

Gameplay includes peeing on dead enemies.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Super Realistic Military Sim - Coming Soon

Boom.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
      Gameplay includes peeing on dead enemies.
      Will we also be able to stack up a pyramid with captured enemies? ;)

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
      Boom.
      Shaka-laka?

sigpic

Comment

Hooray for the latest incident of people doing stupid stuff, then doing even worse things by filming it.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

There is no accounting for stupidity, just no accounting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
            Shaka-laka?
            Def not Shaka-laka...Its hard to explain without hearing it in proper context. One day...one day

And im not defending taking a leak on POWs, but its NOTHING compared to what would happen had the captors had become the captives. Crazy stories of torture and defiling of bodies of soldiers and government personnel alike. Those taliban should consider themselves lucky the soldiers didnt go rogue and cut their testicles off or something.

Terrorist dont abide by the Geneva convention but yet a small incident such as this and the whole situation blows up. Sure its against OUR morals in the west but you know what else is against our morals? Torture, extended periods of isolation, living in fear for years and pretty much lack of all basic human rights.

Once again, not condoning this type of behavior, but this really isnt anything compared to what goes on behind closed doors.

EDIT: Not 30 seconds later after posting this i came across this video on youtube.

sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

I also don't condone taking a pee on a dead enemy but I have a hard time understanding why so many are so surprised. Bad things happen in war. Ten minutes prior those dead enemies may have been trying to kill those soldiers and while I'm not suggesting its right in any way I'm not surprised they'd take a pee on someon who moments ago had murderous intent.

I think back to WWII...and probably other conflicts...where taking gold teeth from the mouths of your dead enemies was a common practice. Perhaps its an indicator of how reporting the news has changed. News and access to the AO was tightly controlled but now anyone with a phone can be a citizen journalist. Again...not condoning the action...just stating how surprised I am at the reaction to it.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                I think back to WWII...and probably other conflicts...where taking gold teeth from the mouths of your dead enemies was a common practice.
                That has actual value, though. In money terms, I mean.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

The Marines and Army soldiers took more than gold teeth in WW2. Collections of ears, fingers, noses, and regular teeth were found and in some cases removed from the outgoing mail. Similar collections were done in Korea and Vietnam. The taking of war trophies had been documented back to ancient times. Most war trophies are the weapons, colors and uniforms of the enemy. Taking (looting) of personal effects, money and civilian property in modern times is a war crime and prohibited. Likewise taking of human trophies or mutilation of the enemy is also a war crime and punishable under military code.

Various motives are attributed to mutilation of the dead: revenge, dehumanization of enemy and as a side effect of the brutal effects of a long war. Whether its a coping mechanism for PTSD had not been established.

The marines were reacting rather than thinking out they actions. In the digital information age world wide dissemination of information, news and photos can be almost instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
                    Whether its a coping mechanism for PTSD had not been established.
                    Doubt it. Something like that would probably make PTSD worse. Then again, may be that people think it will help, but it makes it worse, so they do it more, etc.

Pepper

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                      Anything with that Sgt Dunson guy
                      Hate to burst the bubble...

But man that guy makes the us military folk cringe. Almost as bad as Locked and Loaded from the Air Force...

I think Sgt Dunson is actually an elaborate de-motivational tool for Army soldiers to make them self loathing. LOL
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
                        The Marines and Army soldiers took more than gold teeth in WW2. Collections of ears, fingers, noses, and regular teeth were found and in some cases removed from the outgoing mail. Similar collections were done in Korea and Vietnam. The taking of war trophies had been documented back to ancient times. Most war trophies are the weapons, colors and uniforms of the enemy. Taking (looting) of personal effects, money and civilian property in modern times is a war crime and prohibited. Likewise taking of human trophies or mutilation of the enemy is also a war crime and punishable under military code.

Various motives are attributed to mutilation of the dead: revenge, dehumanization of enemy and as a side effect of the brutal effects of a long war. Whether its a coping mechanism for PTSD had not been established.

The marines were reacting rather than thinking out they actions. In the digital information age world wide dissemination of information, news and photos can be almost instantaneous.

You are the first to put this into some form of perspective. Yes in horrible time we do horrible things. And yes this can be a coping strategy; this would be an outlet for fear, anxiety, stress and frustration. These young men are getting shot at, IDE’d and risking their life’s every day, with little or no help from mental health professionals. In WWII the average age was 24, Vietnam 19..I am sure it is the same now, a bunch of young men dealing with the stressors of a combat zone, peer pressure to prove there man hood, crap like this is going to happen, there needs to be more support given to these young men to help them to deal with their fear, anxiety, stress and frustration.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                        George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                          Hate to burst the bubble...

But man that guy makes the us military folk cringe. Almost as bad as Locked and Loaded from the Air Force...

I think Sgt Dunson is actually an elaborate de-motivational tool for Army soldiers to make them self loathing. LOL
                          Never heard of him before and didnt really even pay attention to what he was saying, just found it funny that I came across that the second after i posted.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thinking about it logically, I guess it doesn't matter all that much (they're dead after all) but I just think these actions were just plain stupid. Not being (past or present) in the armed forces, I lack the unwavering support of military that some others have, but I really think that when you're supporting soldiers even through these kind of acts, you should be aware of your bias. This was a pretty terrible act, and if there was a video of Taliban fighters peeing on US marines, I can't really see these people feeling the same empathy for those Taliban.
                            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                              Thinking about it logically, I guess it doesn't matter all that much (they're dead after all) but I just think these actions were just plain stupid. Not being (past or present) in the armed forces, I lack the unwavering support of military that some others have, but I really think that when you're supporting soldiers even through these kind of acts, you should be aware of your bias. This was a pretty terrible act, and if there was a video of Taliban fighters peeing on US marines, I can't really see these people feeling the same empathy for those Taliban.
                              Eh, I'm not invovled in the armed forces in any way. I don't empathise with either side, really, but I understand the thought processes behind it. It's a way of taking control of a situation - a coping mechanism. Although it's a bad sign that people feel they need to do something like that - an even worse sign when they actually act on that feeling.

Pepper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X