Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bending Bullets? Maybe not as impossible as we thought!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bending Bullets? Maybe not as impossible as we thought!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810107

The bullet uses tiny fins to correct the course of its flight allowing it to hit laser-illuminated targets.

It is designed to be capable of hitting objects at distances of about 2km (1.24 miles). Work on a prototype suggests that accuracy is best at longer ranges.
    Pretty cool, not really sure how I feel about the idea of giving it to the public though.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Bending Bullets? Maybe not as impossible as we thought!

Bad news if it starts showing itself in the regular population. Which it WILL if the police force starts using it. Eventually the terrorists WILL get there hands on to it and learn to use it.

Comment

Won't that mean that each individual bullet is incredibly expensive? And need batteries. So... I guess one way to make them less 'user friendly' to random people would be the need to charge them before firing, so you can't just keep them in a box indefinitely before use, or something. Of course, I'm just speaking random stuff - I have no idea how these things actually work.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

the cost of these will be extreme so i dont think we have to worry about anyone but extremely powerful people like presidents and popes being too worried about them

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Yeah.... this is sorta scary.

I mean I expect them to cost a lot and be very situational.... but a cruise bullet? Seriously?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X