• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligent Design

Finally, an Intelligent Design theory I agree with:
    Click Here

Re: Intelligent Design

Strangely, the moments that I am most inclined to believe in intelligent design is when I look at a stunningly beautiful woman... That's when I say to myself that God must be a man for Him to have given us such beauty. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

His Noodly Appendage- YARRRR, matey!

Comment

That rocks. His noodly appendage indeed! It's also clear that we need more pirates!

Comment

I scrolled through that and can say I am drastically amazed.

Comment

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8CT6J387.html

Let's get this thread fired back up!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

see im all for creatitionizm in school cuase thats what i believe whole-heartly...but im against pushing it on people...if someone wants to know about it they will find out ways to hear it...evolution is so out dated and has been proven false by so many scienctists and darwins theorys are way off base....i just hope we dont turn into china where the government controls everything and leaves us with nothing...
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

that is one of the most embarrasing things about US society: that 50% of the people are totally uneducated and believe this creationism or intelligent design crap. It's like being back in the middle ages. And that's why the church of the spaghetti monster should be taught in schools as well. This alternative theory offers something that can't be found in the bible belt: spaghetti (at least the sort that is not made out of corn)

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  see im all for creatitionizm in school cuase thats what i believe whole-heartly...but im against pushing it on people...
                  Does that mean you are for creationism in private religious schools but against it in public schools?

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                    that is one of the most embarrasing things about US society: that 50% of the people are totally uneducated and believe this creationism or intelligent design crap. It's like being back in the middle ages. And that's why the church of the spaghetti monster should be taught in schools as well. This alternative theory offers something that can't be found in the bible belt: spaghetti (at least the sort that is not made out of corn)
                    You might be surprised how much more educated than you a lot of people who believe this creationism or intelligent design crap could be.

Conversely, I've seen no evidence that one must have a PH.D. in order to parrot the Truth of the theory of evolution, much less any evidence that they've read or understood the theory in any detail.

Aristotle's theories were unassailable for a thousand years until Newton showed they were false. Then Einstein showed that Newton hadn't gotten it either. Then Bohr showed that Einstein hadn't gotten it. Now physicists struggle to close the gap between marcoscopic and microscopic theories to find something that works period.

Given all the theories and human experience, the most amazing thing of all would be for evolution to be correct in the final analysis. Every other theory of science has been shown incorrect over time.

The thing that tells me that Evolution is probably not quite there is the fact that it's achieved a mythical, unimpeachable status just like Aristotle's ideas did. Maybe it's right, but it would be the first theory.

I'm all about science and logical thought, but it's a limited understanding of the world at best. Science has even proven it with Goedel's proof: any system complex enough to be self-referential is either inconsistent (sometimes 2+2=9) or incomplete. Neither is satisfactory.

Creationism and intelligent design aren't theories at all: one requirement of scientific hypotheses and theories is that they be something that you can either prove or refute. How could one prove that God exists when God sets all the rules? It makes no sense to me to "teach" that as a scientific theory. Better to point out that evolution is a theory - a tested and verified best guess supported by a lot of evidence, but one that remains subject to being tossed out if new evidence shows it's incorrect. Nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8CT6J387.html

Let's get this thread fired back up!
                      On whatever side of this debate one finds oneself, I hope we can all agree that Mr. Cing should be burned at the stake for the most heinous crime: stirring up trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                        On whatever side of this debate one finds oneself, I hope we can all agree that Mr. Cing should be burned at the stake for the most heinous crime: stirring up trouble.
                        Nah, he's been touched by his noodly apendage.....praise FSM. Would that we were all on the path to perfection, and a good dinner. :icon_bigg

Comment

My God would kick the FSM square in the nuts, praise Mel Gibson.

Comment

random i actually go to a private christian school and sometimes i think they are too pushy...trying to make us better people and try to keep us out of the "world" but we cant be like that...the best way to reach and talk to people is to be normal.

im all for creationism in public schools but only when students want to learn about it, i know that goes agains alot of other christian thoughts but im sick of us looking like we are better then everyone else....we are not.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Evolution is based on the scientific method. While there is no physical proof that God exists.

I don't want to put anyone down. If you practice religion I respect that. But its hard for me to believe that theres an invisible man in the sky.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X