X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenanigans!

From todays Washington Times:

Election fraud

A nonpartisan group yesterday released a report that said paid Democratic operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression activities than were their Republican counterparts during the 2004 presidential election.

The American Center for Voting Rights Legislative Fund (ACVR) report, "Vote Fraud, Intimidation & Suppression in the 2004 Presidential Election," said neither party had a clean record on the issue, but Democrats were worse.

Examples include paid Democratic operatives charged with slashing tires on Republican get-out-the-vote vans in Milwaukee and an Ohio court order stopping Democratic operatives from calling voters and telling them the wrong date for the election and faulty polling-place information, according to the report.

The report further found that thousands of Americans were disenfranchised by illegal votes cast and a coordinated effort by members of certain "nonpartisan" organizations to rig the election system through voter-registration fraud in more than a dozen states.

The ACVR Legislative Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that neither supports nor endorses any political party or candidate.

Re: Shenanigans!

Bring back....oh, wait, the Monarchy sucked too. :row__686:

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      From todays Washington Times:
      A nonpartisan group yesterday released a report that said paid Democratic operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression activities than were their Republican counterparts during the 2004 presidential election.
      Duh! If you live in the San Francisco bay area and vote republican you better keep your political beleifs in the closet (no pun intended :p)

When employees at the San Francisco Chronicle caught a co-worker with a W04' mouse pad in his cubicle, they did this to him:
      Warcriminal
      chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

I think that most of those radical anti-democrat and vice vera are not politically involved. I bet most, if not all, have no connection with either party except belonging to that party. Most are just your common freaks.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Or they are the Chair of the Democratic party.

I think you're dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by warcriminal2
            Duh! If you live in the San Francisco bay area and vote republican you better keep your political beleifs in the closet (no pun intended :p)
            Ha! Did you ever see the t-shirt that said "My car was keyed by a person of tolerance and diversity"?

Comment

Ha! Did you ever see the t-shirt that said "My car was keyed by a person of tolerance and diversity"?
              OMG NO! WHERE CAN I GET ONE? :p

SUV's get attacked by "eco terrorists" all the time at Pac Bell Park or whatever it's called now.
              Warcriminal
              chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

I think it's Balco Park now. ;)

I can't find a link for the t-shirt now. It was a campaign thing - a W04 or Bush/Cheney sticker scratched out above the caption.

Funny site you might enjoy here: http://www.protestwarrior.com/

Ah here's an image, anyway:

Last edited by leejo; 08-03-2005, 01:02 PM. Reason: found it!

Comment

Or they are the Chair of the Democratic party.

I think you're dead wrong.
                  And I think your dead wrong so there :icon_wink .

Most radical actions are carried out by personal agendas or splinter groups (like fundamentalists in the realm of religion).

For some reason I can't see a senator scratching up the opposite parties car. I see them stealing candy from a baby but not that for some reason... :row__639:

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                  - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Fair enough. But I'm right and you're wrong.

http://www.ac4vr.com/reports/072005/...incidents.html lists the allegations and shows that these weren't splinter groups but the county party headquarters, moveon, etc. Players. In one case, someone at Kerry/Edwards HQ was in the know:

The Marion County Democratic Party provided an affidavit in the case that explained its role in the matter. The affidavit, as completed by Cathy Chaffin, Chair of the Marion County Democratic Party, explained that Kerry-Edwards campaign staffers made the misleading phone calls blocked by Judge Faulker’s order. Chaffin stated in the affidavit that once she became aware that Kerry-Edwards staffers were using her office space to make calls giving “the wrong polling location” to voters, she tried multiple times to get them to stop the calls, to the point of threatening to kick them out of the office if the calls did not stop. Below are the key points from Chaffin’s affidavit. (75)

* The Marion County Democratic Party provided space to the Kerry-Edwards campaign for use as its campaign headquarters.

* Ms. Chaffin became aware that Kerry-Edwards staffers were placing telephone calls to voters and giving out voting locations and “that the wrong polling location was being given.”

* Ms. Chaffin called Kerry-Edwards campaign staffer Jim Secreto and told him the activity must stop. She was assured that it would stop.

* A few days later, Ms. Chaffin learned that the phone calls were continuing. She again told Mr. Secreto to stop and again was told that the activity would cease.

* Finally, on Election Day, Ms. Chaffin learned that the telephone calls were still being made. At that time, she told Mr. Secreto that if the calls did not stop, he would have to leave Marion County Democratic Headquarters. (76)

The case is still pending before the Marion County Court of Common Pleas.
                    Etc. Probably one of those notorious double secret gotchas that Karl Rove keeps orchestrating.

Comment

That protestwarrior.com site is GREAT!

Classic!
                      I'm not the Killer Man...
                      I'm the Killer Man's son...
                      But I'll do the killing...
                      Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

My favorite is from a Halliburton protest in Dallas:

Comment

Originally posted by Rahn
                          That protestwarrior.com site is GREAT!

Classic!
                          I like the communism part. I mean, it's great on so many levels:
                          1.) Communism is over? I can think of millions of people who might disagree.
                          2.) War ended communism? Boy, that's a different Vietnam and Korea than I heard about.

This must be that alternate version of history where Ronald Reagan put on this badass bandanna and got some machine guns and just started walking from one end of the Eastern Hemisphere to the other, shooting every commie he saw until the world was safe from evil.

The others are also ridiculous, but the communism part takes the cake.

Comment

Summary: :icon_roll

Nothing to see here, please move along.
                            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

rs_al, slavery, nazism, communism and facism still exist, true.

But do you think chocolate and flowers stopped Nazism in Europe or freed the blacks in the South? No, war put a stop to both.

It would be a pretty big sign if they had to write "Except ending slavery in the southern states of the U.S., Communism in west Germany and South Korea, etc, etc, etc"
                              I'm not the Killer Man...
                              I'm the Killer Man's son...
                              But I'll do the killing...
                              Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed