New Songs on MySpace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Songs on MySpace

Finally, our bassist put some other songs on the intar-web. Personally, I like Rebellion the best, its the most solid sounding songs IMO. But hey, tell me what you guys thinxzorz ;)

http://www.myspace.com/ncision

And remember they are mp3's so they sound tons better on the cd nad live!
    |CS:S Development Team|

Re: New Songs on MySpace

And now for somethign I specialize in- Music.

The guitars for the other song that was previously up there were sloppy as hell, they were really bad. That appears highly improved here. Still could use a better tone, it doesn't fit with those little melodic parts. Best part to show this is at 1:20, that's what you'd want from that guitar tone.

Those little verses were boring. The vocals remind me of a less impressive Between The Buried and Me, except for the three or so times he does a low, death style growl.

Bass is noticable, as is good. Doesn't do anything really interesting though.

Drumming on the previously posted track was boring and lacked ANY sort of flare. There's at least some on these, but I can still see more being added.

All of the above based solely on Rebellion.

And BTW- haha you are friends with Atreyu.

Comment

Has your bass player ever tried bass distortion?
      Okay, besides that, I think that the guitar part on my escape sounds repetitive to me. I do think that the guitar in the ending of that song could stand out more, and again try some bass distortion. I recommend(being a bass player) this one: http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm
      Okay now rebellion: I think the bass part could be "clickier,"(I made that up) if you have ever heard korn,(I am sure you have) kind of like that. It sounds like he either has a 5 string or tunes his 4 way down, so if he could a little more slapping hand motions and what not, that should do. Consult a live korn video for more info!
      Blood- I think that a sped up guitar part would help. Matt says the word fast- so play the guitar part faster. Once again look into bass distortion.

Donít take any of this stuff to seriously, I DO like the music.

Edit: I would also like to hear more definition in the guitar notes. May I dare say less distortion? personal opinion I guess.

Comment

Also: I'm going to point you to Fleshless for referance.

They have a rather similar guitar tone, and a lot less.. repeated riffs. One thing that has never ever appealed to me in music is the common verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus construction. I figured I would mention them (And specifically their songs Nice To Eat You and Body Bag Blues) as they might give you a few ideas.

Comment

Ok im going to be brutally honest, it sounds like every other nu-death-rock-metal-pop band on the market. Theres nothing original about it, you can try to make money by sounding like everyone else, or you can make your mark on music by being original its your call. And for the record, growling into a mic isnt singing... i listened to all the tracks that are on there and NONE of them show any kind of vocal range from your singer. Nor do they show any kind of range of talent from the rest of the band...

[edit]
          Rebellion is the best of those 3 songs though... and im not trying to discourage you guys, you just need to find your own sound. A band my friends have started, and gotten some radio play, w. a cd coming out this fall were mediocre until they found their sound. With a lead guitarist thats trained in classical rock and blues, a rock bassist, and drummer and rythme guitar from a metal background, the fusion of them all ended up being an edgy rock group with blues inspired undertones.
          In my opinion you need to be playing around with your sound and figuring out what works, I mean you might try something lighter sounding and end up liking it more, dont think of it as selling out, its only selling out if you make a change to make money off of a larger listener base. If you change because thats where your band is going artistically then by all means.

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
            Okay now rebellion: I think the bass part could be "clickier,"(I made that up) if you have ever heard korn,(I am sure you have) kind of like that. It sounds like he either has a 5 string or tunes his 4 way down, so if he could a little more slapping hand motions and what not, that should do. Consult a live korn video for more info!
            Blood- I think that a sped up guitar part would help. Matt says the word fast- so play the guitar part faster. Once again look into bass distortion.
            About the "clickier" sound. That was from an old Yorkville 1x15 200 watt combo, but now he got him a big 6x10 Sonic half-stack. Now that hes got the tweeters and everything it sounds alot better when he slaps compared to the Yorkville.

About the guitar "tone" It sounds a lot different live plus you are going by the crappy mp3's. When we play together, its just sounds more soild, the main reason being that there was only one guitarist at the time of the recording so he played pretty much the whole time :icon25:

Other than that please dont go by the quality of the sound, just how the music is arranged. I know what you mean about My Escape, I think its only a total of about three riffs :( but that was before I came along and would have said something about that. The new stuff that we are working on sounds like a more Shadows Fall feel, with more aggressive vocals. Trying to convine the singer to work on his melodic voice a bit, he said he would but well you know how the ego of a sixteen year old frontman can be:icon25: .

Other than that thanks for the reply and Ill ask the bassist about distortion. Just keep the reviews coming :D
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Trying to convine the singer to work on his melodic voice a bit, he said he would but well you know how the ego of a sixteen year old frontman can be
              I really don't, actually.

And the guitar tone was great =/ You coulda used it as a nice little bit of flare from the rest of metalcore/numetal.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X