Apple TV -- Anyone Bite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple TV -- Anyone Bite?

As far as I can tell in my research, iTunes and Apple TV are minor players in the online television game, largely hampered by Apple's obnoxious proprietary approach.

Has anyone here at TG bought Apple TV?

I would like to know your experience of it.
    sigpic

Are you going to purchase one E male. They can be jail broken quite easily which will allow you to install 3rd party GUIs/apps etc. If you own lots of iTunes content they are great for streaming and content playback to your TV. If you own lots of i products it would make sense to purchase one however I prefer using my Roku player to stream Netflix and content from my laptop to TV. To be honest the hassle of jail breaking and the severe restrictions apple place on file format, playback etc just isn't worth my time. There are lots of similar products that do the job just as good but lack the finesses the apple TV has.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Apple TV -- Anyone Bite?

For me, if it needs large amounts of bandwidth (or money) to achieve, the answer is no.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Thanks for the replies -- no, not thinking of buying (I can't abide Apple's proprietary philosophy).

Just looking for informed opinions.
        sigpic

Comment

I house/dog sat for someone over the course of two weeks. The thing was pretty nifty, but could be accomplished with any 350$ desktop hooked up to a TV. It had itunes, netflix, youtube, and other services attached, but you had to pay for everything but you tube to their respective parties. The interface was a bit clunky (typing commands it a pain) but it ran as fast as the ethernet could stream.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X