No announcement yet.

Darwinism claims another; is this you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwinism claims another; is this you?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html

The quote of the day:

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Darwinism claims another; is this you?

I'd what? I wish!

Comment

Anybody know what game he was playing?

Comment

Probably BF2.

Comment

Since it's over in Korea, I'd say it was probably Lineage/Lineage 2.
          [squadl]

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
            Since it's over in Korea, I'd say it was probably Lineage/Lineage 2.
            Nah, Starcraft...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

FACT: Starcraft has claimed more human lives than marijuana.

Comment

Thats because you cant OD on smoking it, and not enough people eat it 0_o

I'd say the inverse is true about Starcraft in Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                  Thats because you cant OD on smoking it, and not enough people eat it 0_o

I'd say the inverse is true about Starcraft in Korea.
                  Yes, but it's still fun to say xxx has killed more people than marijuana.

Comment

Well another who couldn't handle it... and life goes on.
                    Q(._.Q) Only the 1337 H4X0RS survive. Q(._.Q)

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

I've read quite a few different websites/papers with this story in, and have to say I'm really disappointed in all of them.

I don't think it is speculation to assume that this man's whole lifestyle revolved around playing computer games. As in before he embarked on his session that is highlighted he probably spent a large amount of time playing to the neglect of other importnat aspects of his life. In fact I would go so far as to estimate that the reason he gave up his job was not to game more, but to sleep more. I can only make the Thursday night matches cos I work flexi time and thus have short fridays usually. If this man was obsessed then he was most likely only getting a couple of hours of sleep a night before work.

Thus for them to sum it up by saying he died because he played computer games for 'just 50 hours' is a bit of an untruth. Media sensationalism yet again :(

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                        Thus for them to sum it up by saying he died because he played computer games for 'just 50 hours' is a bit of an untruth. Media sensationalism yet again :(
                        That's kinda like getting upset when the media reports someone died of a drug overdose, or by getting drunk and slamming their car into the wall.

If you want to get nitpicky, the end all be all cause of the entire mess in these situations is because the person's brain is broken. It's bad that the media reports things without alluding to the fact that these people obviously have some mental issue, but then again, a bunch of stories about "so and so died from obsessive-compulsive disorder" or "so and so died because he was an idiot" aren't very interesting. Would you rather buy a steel quad-wheel self-propelled transportation device or a Porche?

The sad part is that the gaming world will be the ones to recognize that this person was broken to begin with, while the majority of non-gamers will use this as more ammo against video game companies.
                        [squadl]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X