Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

    I dunno about the rest of you guys/girls, but I dont like other people using my computer. I am more comfortable letting my girlfriend use my computer, but It still annoys me sometimes when she gets on my computer and uses my msn to talk to HER friends because she doesnt want to talk to them for long so if she stops talking they wont get mad cuz its me, not her. And now because her computer is broken, despite a perfectly good 6 month old P4 laptop she keeps using my computer. Today she found a search for Blowjob in google, and I know for a fact when I need porn (which hasnt been recently) I havnt googled for it since i was nub back in junior high. Me trying to defend that position just ended up making me sound more guilty lol.

    I really hate it when friends come over and just get on my computer without asking, theres private stuff on there and snooping around on my computer is just not cool. I tend to think of my computer like a pair of boxer shorts, ill let my girlfriend wear them around sometimes but theres no way in hell my friends are gonna be putting them on.

  • #2
    Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

    I hear you. What to do? Family, yes. Guests, no...no...no.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

      On my computers, we've got an account for every member of the family, plus a "Guest" account for exactly what you're talking about. They're not passworded and it keeps people from seeing what I have on my computer while still allowing them to get on the internet to check something or to type out a quick Word document...

      WinXP for the win...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

        No one wants to use my machine, so I don't have this problem.

        Is it not possible to configure XP to require a login after you've been away for some period of time?

        edit: Cing wins.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

        Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

          I show people my main computer and they are like "omgwtf is this" and I am like "si lunix lololol" and they are like "omgwtf" . I let them do whatever they want on my windows machine. All it does is run half life do your worst :) I do have a couple of guest accounts (for my sister, and just a generic guest) but that's mainly so they can use IM and mail and stuff without mesing up my stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

            Originally posted by rs_al
            I show people my main computer and they are like "omgwtf is this" and I am like "si lunix lololol" and they are like "omgwtf" . I let them do whatever they want on my windows machine. All it does is run half life do your worst :) I do have a couple of guest accounts (for my sister, and just a generic guest) but that's mainly so they can use IM and mail and stuff without mesing up my stuff.
            I think rs_al just got the win!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

              I just scared my family away from it when I built it. That and I gave my old comp to my sister. Theres very little desire to use my PC at my house, only problem is when my friends come over, but since I have a spare laptop I just point at it and tell them to get the #$*@ outta my chair.
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

              Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

              I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                Originally posted by TEMM
                I dunno about the rest of you guys/girls, but I dont like other people using my computer. I am more comfortable letting my girlfriend use my computer, but It still annoys me sometimes when she gets on my computer and uses my msn to talk to HER friends because she doesnt want to talk to them for long so if she stops talking they wont get mad cuz its me, not her. And now because her computer is broken, despite a perfectly good 6 month old P4 laptop she keeps using my computer. Today she found a search for Blowjob in google, and I know for a fact when I need porn (which hasnt been recently) I havnt googled for it since i was nub back in junior high. Me trying to defend that position just ended up making me sound more guilty lol.

                I really hate it when friends come over and just get on my computer without asking, theres private stuff on there and snooping around on my computer is just not cool. I tend to think of my computer like a pair of boxer shorts, ill let my girlfriend wear them around sometimes but theres no way in hell my friends are gonna be putting them on.
                I'm comfortable lettign your girlfriend use MY computer. And by computer I mean..

                Oh screw that joke.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                  If you get really desperate, change your desktop to goatse. An unwanted user will see that once, and never want to touch your pc again. Problem solved.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                    I have nothing to really hid on my computer. If you are a porn addict then thatís a different story. I allow anyone to use my computer but for some reason I am not comfortable with my friends using it. I always think they are up to no good.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                      Originally posted by T_BEAR
                      I have nothing to really hid on my computer. If you are a porn addict then thatís a different story.
                      I prefer "enthusiast" or "connoisseur".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                        Originally posted by leejo
                        I prefer "enthusiast" or "connoisseur".
                        Yes, your Avatar screams class! Why did you crop out the assless chaps anyway?

                        I have a laptop for the household. My PC is like my car, I drive it.
                        New to TG?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                          Duh squid: like all chaps, they're crotchless too. I'll PM you the full monty if you like though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                            Originally posted by leejo
                            Duh squid: like all chaps, they're crotchless too. I'll PM you the full monty if you like though.
                            Ew....Um, sorry my inbox is full. And I don't think my monitor would support the low resolution. :row__644:
                            New to TG?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Spouse, Girlfriend or Signifigant Other or Friends using your PC?

                              Yeah your inbox will be full all right. And whatever resolutions your monitor supports, it'll forget all about them and be all like "mmm yeah, that's nice."

                              That's right folks! It's Homoerotic Friday!

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X