Santa Came Early This Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Came Early This Year

Here is my latest project rifle (seen previously piggy-backing one of Ven's threads) with new bipod and YHM Phantom suppressor all snuggled up on her.

Yes, suppressors are every bit as awesome as you think they are.

To quote Ferris Bueller (the movie one, not the TG one), "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Posted in the Sandbox since firearms, and NFA items in particular, have become somewhat of a controversial topic around here.

Re: Santa Came Early This Year

308?

Comment

That is a very choice firearm, enjoy your range time or whatever event you choose to participate in. I envy you.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
        308?
        yea, share some details.

Comment

Looks too small for .308. I'm guessing a .223. I want to say that's a Ruger Gunsite Scout with custom furniture.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Rifle-Remington SPS Tactical AAC-SD 308 Win
            Scope-Vortex Viper PST 4-16x
            Trigger-Timney 700
            Chassis-JP AMCS
            Bipod-Accushot Atlas
            Suppressor-Yankee Hill Phantom 7.62

Took a 3-day precision rifle course last weekend, and once my spotter got me dialed in, it was eating a 20x30 steel plate at 1000 yards like no tomorrow with Federal GMM 175's.

Comment

Better get it in now while you can, I heard they were nerfing it in the next patch :p Looks sexy my friend, you should post a video of it being fired.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Very nice rifle, I am jealous. I agree there should be a video ;)
                May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I'll get around to a video once I get something a little better than my Blackberry to take it with...and maybe drop a few pounds also. Stay tuned.

Comment

Nice rifle, for a girl's gun.

;-)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                      Nice rifle, for a girl's gun.

;-)
                      You know, I can't argue with that. I so wish it were a .300 winmag, .338, or even a .50, but the costs associated with those calibers as well as the cost of their match grade ammo is just crazy.

Comment

Was the suppresor attached when you were shooting at 1000 yds ?

|

Comment

Nope, at that time I had not yet picked it up. The range I was at in the pic was the first I went to with the can and only goes out to 300. 1000 yards suppressed wouldn't be a problem though, as having a suppressor attached has no effect on maximum range as long as you are using supersonic ammo, in fact there is usually a small increase in muzzle velocity when using a suppressor that attaches with a good seal due to the projectile having increased pressure on it for a longer duration. With subsonic rounds though one can only expect to get out to 300-400 yards and even then you'll be hitting your target at velocities comparable to pistols.

The difference between the two is quite surprising though. I do want to eventually get around to shooting a video comparing supersonic unsuppressed, supersonic suppressed, and subsonic suppressed. In the meantime here's a video I found comparing super and sub with a suppressor.

One thing I noticed in the video is gas seems to be escaping from the rear of his suppressor. Not sure if this is intentional based on it's design, or if it's not sealing properly. The latter would not be a good thing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X