• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney to Aquire Lucasfilm LTD

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2045632.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...ilms-purchase/

Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.
    Thoughts anyone? I personally don't care about how bad or good the next three movies are, as long as they do not screw up the 'continuing storyline.'

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: Disney to Aquire Lucasfilm LTD

I don't know about you but for me? Its about time!

I grew up obssessing over StarWars and StarTrek, in fact my first dedicated forum membership was tied to a crossover of the two ;D. It was nice to see StarTrek updated but StarWars, even in the good "Clone Wars" animated show, has felt as if it keeps recylcling old ideas without growing or updating.

I want to see Star Wars move past the past. We've gotten the original episodes in three or four different incarnations and the prequels were all over the place. I want an original story in the same universe, the games have been doing it for decades. The EU is vast and fun and even then you can scrap the EU completely since no one in today's audience really cares, even I.

Just Do EET.

======

Finally:

What doesn't DISNEY own?

Comment

I dunno guys. I was/still am a huge starwars fan but its a hard sell for me.

Personally id like to see some clone wars sometime between the end of episode 3 and episode for (or episode 1 of the origionals) where they went around the galaxy planet to planet conquering star systems. That would be EPIC! Similar to ones in the clone wars movies but instead of jedi/republic vs empire it would be empire vs the galaxy!

They said that after 7-9 they would release another one every 2-3 years after that. I think that it would kind of spoil the wonder that is starwars.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Yeah, when I first heard about this yesterday and the potential to release another movie...from Disney...I felt heartbroken. I just dont think their heart will be in the right place. Lucas did an outstanding job on Ep. 4-6, everything after has just been a let down. I really wished they would just let Star Wars be what it was, and leave it alone. Games are alright, they need to actually do one well one day.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Also, decent vid...crappy music. Too many issues with the video to list hear. You can tell that who ever made that video took ALOT of creative license with it.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

After hearing that they are going to be milking the series my opinion changed. I'm far more skeptical and a apprehensive.

Really the new 'flavor' of Star Wars needs to be seen first to draw a conclusion.

=====

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
            Also, decent vid...crappy music. Too many issues with the video to list hear. You can tell that who ever made that video took ALOT of creative license with it.
            Oh? As a SW nerd I noticed none and was rather impressed with attention to detail. I mean its just a random battle and very little but technical/war based tech is shown. The only criticism I've heard about the fan video is that the pilots aren't clones which is much to do about nothing since the the Empire stopped using clones well before episode 4.

=====

Comment

I would take Battlefront 3 over 3 Disney movies in a heartbeat.
              May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X