Anyone with knee injury experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with knee injury experience?

I box, kickbox, and do various martial arts plus bike and run. I put a lot of stress on my knees. A couple of years ago i cracked the cartlidge in my left knee in half from kickboxing. I've now suffered an injury caused from when i put weight on my right leg, coming off of a jump. It hurts when straightening the leg under load, the pain shoots down across the front of my kneecap. I also can't completely straighten the leg (about a few degrees short of 180). I'm getting a visit with the doctor scheduled for this week, I've been trying to keep off it, icing, using a knee sleeve, and taking ibuprofen. What should i expect to hear from the doc?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Anyone with knee injury experience?

That sucks mate.

To be honest it sounds like you have damaged your knees pretty bad.

Both my knees have CMP

The conditions you describe sound like CMP or patella bursitis. You may ligament damage which will require surgery.

My conditions where caused by carrying too much heavy stuff in Afghanistan, followed shortly by being hit by an IED on a foot patrol.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Anyone with knee injury experience?

Well it isn't bursitis, since the knee never swelled up. The knee doesn't feel unstable, just hurts during certain movements under loads.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X