Bad Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Parking

I know I'm not alone in this; but I'm one of those people that tend to park as far away as possible from others when I'm in a parking lot. I don't take up more than one space, but I usually go out of my way to find someplace that others WON'T park in unless they share the same concerns. With that in mind, I'm going to kick off this new thread with a couple pictures... Please feel free to take your own and post!

Two weeks ago I went to a Cloud Security seminar in Providence. I figured I would park in a garage vs. on street as it was more secure. Upon entering the garage the 1st floor was full, 2nd floor was about halfway full, so I proceeded up to the 3rd floor and parked in a corner where I had plenty of room. Four hours later I get out of the seminar and head back to my car and this is what I was greeted with:

The front bumper of this POS was about 8" away from my drivers door. No possible way to get in aside from climbing in the passenger side and over the center console to the drivers seat. Just a pain in the ass.

Apparently, none of the other parking spots were good enough for this driver....
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Bad Parking

A suggestion.

Carry sidewalk chalk in your trunk, just one stick. Use it to draw straight lines parallel to the offending vehicle, on either side, and leave a note at the back end that says something along the lines of...

"A special spot, just for you."

Of course, you could get more colorful in your choice of message, but I try to keep it civil.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

It WAS more secure than the street!

"WE WON'T EVEN LET THEM NEAR YOUR DRIVER'S DOOR!"
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Here's mine: Every working day, and I mean every one, this @sshat refuses to park inside the lines. For pete's sake it's a freaking compact car....a Corolla.

|

Comment

They probably swing out in opposing traffic so they can take wide right turns too.... lol..
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

No doubt.

|

Comment

Mines the white Mazda CX 7. I came back from having lunch on my birthday to find this excellent parking job.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

...and here I thought I was the only one who rages at how badly people can park in a parking lot, much less parallel parking.

That first one happens to me pretty often, luckily I can still climb in through one of the passenger sides. Annoying and frustrating when you're in a hurry to get to your next destination, but better than being blocked in on both sides (which has happened before).

The most blood boiling thing that gets me is those who take up two or three spots in a packed/full parking lot with their big SUV and mini-monster trucks. It seriously makes me want to get a big commercial van with steel bumpers and *smash* my way into a spot and then write (substitute appropriate word) on his/her windshield. Unfortunately, that would be messier and more trouble than it would be worth, no matter how good I might feel immediately afterwards.

Originally posted by Apophis
                They probably swing out in opposing traffic so they can take wide right turns too.... lol..
                The number of people who do that here in Chicago, well, swing into the next lane over just to make an extra wide RIGHT turn as if their little compact or even SUV needs that much room. Comon, there's a half-a-lane (aka the bike lane) worth of shoulder for you to make a right turn. You're not driving a semi!

(Sorry had to put up with this during a 2 hour drive to visit a friend this past weekend at almost every other intersection...)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Gah. I was trying to park in a garage to take the subway into the city. The ONLY space left was blocked by some moron who was 1/3 of the way over the line. Only thing getting into that spot was a motorcycle. When I park, especially in tight lots, if I'm obstructing another space, I get back into my car and fix it.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X