Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Political Compass - Where do you stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Political Compass - Where do you stand?

Found this on the realitymod forums thought it would be interesting to post it here.

The results of some current and ex world leaders to compare to your own:

My result:

Take it here: The Political Compass

Re: The Political Compass - Where do you stand?

mine

Comment

I'm surprised I was so far down the libertarian axis, I would have thought I'd be pretty much on the line.

Edit: There's a pair of interesting/depressing graphs here and here, too.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Not sure I like the questions really. It seems like some are leading or poorly phrased and there is a general problem in my opinion with multiple choice questions being used to define affiliations. Plus they do not allow for an abstain or a neutral or a undecided... (I do think its in poor taste to relate people or parties on the scale without explaining how they ranked them)

I particularity was put off by the following question:

No one can feel naturally homosexual.

This is an opinion that is completely regardless of where one falls on the political spectrum and should in no way affect the area in which you fall. I find the whole thing a bit trite and wholly unscientific. I give no value to the results or anything else that website claims. This all being said I did enjoy participating in this. A nice icebreaker about the largely controversial issue of political opinions.

It also reminds me of the government mechanic in Sword of the Stars II:

I often tend to the Anarchistic/Liberationism (Eagle) region.

Comment

The site is actually quite known and is used in various universities(including mine). It wasnt made by teenagers but by people who have actual knowledge in the field. Most questions are answered here" http://www.politicalcompass.org/faq

"You should have a "don't know" option": "This makes it too easy for people to duck difficult issues. By forcing people to take a positive or negative stance, the propositions make people really evaluate their feelings. Often people find they wanted to select 'don't know' mainly because they'd never really thought about the idea.

"How can you determine where politicians are honestly at without asking them?":
          "How can you tell where they're honestly at by asking them? Especially around election time. We rely on reports, parliamentary voting records, manifestos and actions that speak much louder than words. It takes us a great deal longer than simply having the politician take the test but it's also a far more accurate assessment. In our early experience, politicians taking the test often responded in ways that conflicted with their actions but conformed to the prevailing mood of the electorate.

We are occasionally asked about publishing the individual responses of politicians. We frown on this. The propositions are too vague to be considered statements of policy, and the individual responses are not significant in themselves. When summed to give an economic and social score, however, they provide an accurate profile of a mental state".

Comment

|TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

It also appears to me that it might be easier for people with legislative records to move to the authoritarian side of the spectrum than citizen participants. As citizens it is easy to aspire to Libertarianism but the moment you are in the role of law making all actions you take by nature move you northward to Authoritarian.

Comment

I seem to have lined up well with the Dalai Lama.

Comment

I feel hindered not by a "don't know", but more a "don't care/no opinion" option. Some of these propositions have no outcome on my opinions or worldview, and I had to search for the tiniest possible hair to split in order to finally settle on an uninterested agree or disagree.

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                  It also appears to me that it might be easier for people with legislative records to move to the authoritarian side of the spectrum than citizen participants. As citizens it is easy to aspire to Libertarianism but the moment you are in the role of law making all actions you take by nature move you northward to Authoritarian.
                  That is correct. I can see it as very easy to slide into authoritarianism when you actually have control, as opposed to merely having ideas about how things should work when you have no control.

Comment

Compared to most of my friends and colleagues, I'm a Centrist. Thing is that i support societal programs to help those in need, women's rights, gay rights, religious tolerance, and the decriminalization of marijuana. I also support fairly loose gun restrictions, strong prison systems, and the death penalty.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I guess this is why I disagreed so often with the majority of Sandbox posters...

Comment

I came in about where Harlequin did. Dalai Lama? hmmm....
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Just like everyone else here, what's up with that?

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Not everyone :row__734:

sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                            [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

We stand united against the wave of anarchists, good sir.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X