Man picks on wrong woman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man picks on wrong woman

He tries to steal her cell phone and........http://www.military.com/video/law-en...2572872525001/

Re: Man picks on wrong woman

I loved this video. Only thing that would have made it better was if she would have had a gun and shot his ass. But that is just my feelings.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

That's awesome. Kinda disappointing that no one attempted to help her.

Some legal advice though: if she was in America and this video was available she could be convicted of murder if she had shot him. Lethal force is only available when protecting your life. If he had just lifted her phone and began to walk away while she pulls a gun out and shoots him in the back she'd have a tough case to prove threat of life.

Comment

I'm no lawyer, but couldn't she also be charged with assault (in the US) despite not shooting him? I'm pretty sure you can't legally just beat the crap out of someone for snagging your phone and walking away.

Or was the act of phone snatching itself considered an assault on her?

I'm just asking from a legal standpoint, he definitely got what he deserved justice-wise AFAIC.

Comment

Not a lawyer either :D so let me amend that one should take that advice as a friendly suggestion and not as legal advice. My father is a lawyer and I've picked up just a few things here and there.

She has all legal right to protecting her property and I think her defense, if it ever had to happen (which would be most likely in civil not criminal; ie the guy suing her for damages), would be that he was intimidating her when she tried to grab the phone back and was clearly not going to go quietly. But you are definitely right there are sometimes cases where a criminal can claim excessive force and gain compensation from damages. The line, most often, tends to be one of was there threat at moment of force but jurors can be crazy too and I think much can be attributed to the jurors who are the arbiters in these cases.

Comment

I was told by an exchange student that, in France, if you hurt someone breaking into your house, they can sue you and win.
            Viking

Comment

In the US all she would need to do is prove that she felt her life was threatened. That being said, she beat him up good! I watched it three times just for a good laugh

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Many men could use a good beating from a woman every now and again.
                sigpic

Comment

Was that a cry for help? ;)
                  Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  Many men could use a good beating from a woman every now and again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X