Mesothelioma Attorney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesothelioma Attorney

I read something today that said various attorneys pay upwards of $40 for click-throughs using Google AdWords for the keyword "Mesothelioma Attorney". To me, that sounds pretty rediculous.

I've used Google AdWords in the past and normally only bid $.05 or $0.10 per clickthrough, but $40 is just insane. Is it worth that much to get a single click?

In any case, this thread is an experiement to see if Google AdWords starts displaying Mesothelioma Attorney ads on this page as a result of the keyword being in the title.

:row__577:
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Mesothelioma Attorney

I would imagine that medical terms are much more efficient than generic terms such as "tactical" or "mature" "gaming".

If someone's googling Mesothelioma, odds are that they're looking specifically for information related to a rare form of cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Although, if they only charge per clickthrough, then I guess it doesn't really matter. Either the people are interested in the ad, or they're not, regardless of how well their search term was chosen...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

So, we can cause lawyers to give bundles of money to Google just by clicking on their ads?

<evil grin>
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        So, we can cause lawyers to give bundles of money to Google just by clicking on their ads?

<evil grin>
        Exactly.. The way Google AdSense works, an advertiser pays money to have their ad placed on Google's AdWords network associated with specific keywords that they bid on. The more money they bid, the more likely it is their ad will be placed when someone searches on those keywords. For keywords that don't have a lot of competition, the cost is very low. Like $.05 or $.10 per clickthrough.

The advertiser only pays when someone clicks on the ad itself.

Site publishers (like TG) can become part of the AdSense program wherein we display ads from the AdWords system on our sites. Google looks at each page of our site where the AdSense campaign is running and indexes the content and tries to display ads that relate to the content on the page. If someone clicks on one of the Google ads on our site, we get revenue based on x% of the value of the clickthrough.

If someone is paying $0.10 for each clickthrough, we may get $0.05 of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
          Site publishers (like TG) can become part of the program wherein we display ads from the blah system on our sites. Google looks at each page of our site where the campaign is running and indexes the content and tries to display ads that relate to the content on the page. If someone clicks on one of the Google ads on our site, we get revenue based on x% of the value of the clickthrough.

If someone is paying $0.10 for each clickthrough, we may get $0.05 of it.
          Very interesting. Y'know, I was clicking on a bunch of those Mesothelioma Attorney ads and was disturbed at the scumsucking appearance that most of them had... I guess that Mesothelioma Attorneys are just like every other personal injury lawyer, just more specialized. I also noticed that a lot of those Mesothelioma Attorneys didn't actually specialize, they just set up a domain name that links to a certain page on their generic personal injury attorney website...

I wonder how much a Mesothelioma Attorney charges per hour?

Heh, I don't know if you'll every get your desired results re: Mesothelioma Attorney, but you've certainly been targetted by mentioning Google's advertising system!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I wonder how this experiment went?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Those asbestos litigators made some serious cash. Probably running out of plaintiffs.

And when I searched reason.com for that article, lots of Google text ads for asbestos attorneys came up.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I remember Dad attended a conference in Boston in '86 about mesothelioma among people who smoked and who had been exposed to asbestos. The consensus among the plaintiffs atty's in attendance was to blame smoking. Any guesses why? :)

Comment

Well, you might as well add MOLD and SICK BUILDING SYNDROME to the list.. those are some newer ones that we get to deal with regularly.. it's given me a real distaste for lawyers.. even though I was almost one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                    I remember Dad attended a conference in Boston in '86 about mesothelioma among people who smoked and who had been exposed to asbestos. The consensus among the plaintiffs atty's in attendance was to blame smoking. Any guesses why? :)
                    Because it was '86 and that was the fat pig ready for slaughter at the time?
                    sigpic

Comment

All of the asbestos companies were bankrupt by '86 right? No sense in suing an insolvent company!
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Hey, maybe someone can come up with some kind of bot we can run to make a hit on their ads every few seconds. We'll bankrupt these scum-sucking pigs! Muahahaha! BTW, I hate personal injury attorneys.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                          Hey, maybe someone can come up with some kind of bot we can run to make a hit on their ads every few seconds. We'll bankrupt these scum-sucking pigs! Muahahaha! BTW, I hate personal injury attorneys.
                          That's a violation of the Google Adsense TOS and a general no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                            That's a violation of the Google Adsense TOS and a general no-no.
                            A thread like this is fine, though, right? And encouraging people to click through is fine, too, right?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              A thread like this is fine, though, right? And encouraging people to click through is fine, too, right?
                              Well, I was curious if they were still displaying those ads. Back when I made this thread there was some question regarding Google not even displaying ads for those keywords any more. It looks like they are though!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X