Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racist comments during this disaster (New Orleans).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist comments during this disaster (New Orleans).

Kanye West accuses President Bush of not caring about black people:
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/5609586561037636/shootus

Am I the only one that thinks this is absolutely ridiculous?

The look on Myers' face is somewhat humorous, though. What do you say when your coworker strays from the script like that?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Racist comments during this disaster (New Orleans).

No, your not the only one that thinks it is ridiculous. What is he doing, to help rescue people?

Comment

I hate Kanye West. He is always accusing white people of being racists, when he is in fact one of the biggest ones. I can believe he would say something like that. And, as for the news coverage being racist, they are in no way portraying what isn't true. A large percent of the poor NO people are black, it's just a fact, and they're also the large percentage of the people who are looting.

Comment

if he REALLY thinks that "bush doesn't care about black people," he's entitled to his little world/opinion. but "I" think what makes him worse is that he's just sitting around complaining. if he REALLY thinks like that, he would get out there and help those in need, not sitting back like a child complaining something that isn't true to start off with.

Comment

it's rediculous... I agree... but it's funny, well not really funny, quite sad... my fellow black coworkers kinda agree with his statements, but don't really think it's "The Bush Administration"... but they tend to blame state and local government... it's always the governments fault ain't it? (said with sarcasium)...

then Friday night, I got called to one of our local bars on a fight in progress... investigation revealed that a black man went up to the bar and ordered two drinks when they gave him the price he said, "no, your going to pay for them for me as retribution for past slavery acts against blacks"... needless to say the bartender, owner, and 4 bouncers didn't like that much and attempted to kick him out.. he resisted and they fought... we get there, arrest the black man, because 4 bouncers and the owner has him pinned... to us arriving we have to believe the staff... anyway they decided not to press charges just make him leave... we uncuffed the black man to let him leave... he starts bad mouthing us all as racist pigs, the government is racist, and all the helicopters are owned by whites, thats why were not helping the black victims of the hurricane...

anyway, I concluded... informing him that if he was really concerned about his fell ow black hurricane victims, he wouldn't be down here drinking and spending money... he would be donating that money... and gathering more for the victims... he looked dumbfounded and confused as I walked away. lol

Unfortunately thats the way society is... no matter what we do as a people, there will always be racism... and a perceived racism...

you just can't win... and that IMO will assist in the downfall of America... (China will be the next superpower... you do notice how power changes from country to country in history... Egypt, Rome, France, Germany, England.. and America is on there turn...)
          Last edited by Magnum50; 09-04-2005, 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

what a jerk, i mean seriousely, people like that just really get on my tit
            Last edited by CingularDuality; 09-04-2005, 04:58 PM. Reason: We won't discuss racists while using homophobic insults...

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

What I don't understand is that if there is any racism involved they ought to look at their own Black politicians that have pretty much sat on their asses in preparation for what everyone knew would come one day.

I'm not saying that all Black politicians are bad, we know that profession is equal opportunity at it's best, but they have had the Black democrats in charge of that city for a very long time, so it seems obvious to me where most of the blame should lie.

Hundreds of busses sitting idle in New Orleans while people starve to death waiting for a ride.

I understand Galveston had all their busses fueled up and ready to go, just in case. Why couldn't NO do that?
              New to TG?

Comment

what i dont understand is why he repeatedly used the word us refering to stranded victims of this tradgedy... im sorry Mr west, but you are on the tele doing an interview... those pictures behind you are fooling noone, we know your in a studio... lmao..

us, he turns a natural disaster into an us vs the world fight for the black community. i agree with xink total jerk... of the jerkiest proportions.
                Last edited by CingularDuality; 09-04-2005, 04:59 PM. Reason: We won't discuss racists while using homophobic insults...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Kayne West said that at a benefit concert to raise money for New Orleans. Bush peeked out a window while flying overhead on his way to Texas.

Guess everyone helps in their own way.

He is obviously frustrated, trying to help these people and looking for a reason for the government's lack of action. I disagree with his actions, I don't think racism has anything to do with it. Just incompetence.

Comment

I know they weren't directly linked; but I just wanted to state clearly that KW is not the guy at the bar, ordering drinks and wanting his ancestors to pay for them. There is no connection between the two people, and one cannot be used to speak of the other.

I think rs_al is right. KW is obviously frustrated with the complete lack of action by the federal government. I can also understand how easy it is for one to see racism as a motivation for inaction, given both a short and long term view of race relations in the US.

That the blame lies with the "Black democrats" is an interesting perspective, Squid, but I feel that it is probably not a fully developed thesis. I think that with a government failure of these proportions, the blame can not be so easliy placed on one player, or group of players. Yes, the municipal leaders share in the resonsibility, but what about the state and federal leaders? What about FEMA? What about the National Guard? (Just to be clear, I'm not trying to assign blame to anyone, just illustrate that these situations are far too complex to single out individuals and even small groups.)

Dudeman, I think the use of the word "us" comes from a sense of identification with a particular community. Grammatically speaking, your are correct that it is the first person plural, but colloquially many people use "we" and "us" to refer to the more abstract concept of community. So, yes, KW is in the studio; I don't think he was trying to fool anyone into thinking that he was actually sloshing around in the muck. But, that doesn't mean that his use of the word "us" or "we" is incorrect. Certainly not in the colloquial sense.

Lastly, as for the comments of "what is he doing to help?", a few clicks and a google search later indicates that KW was involved when he made his remarks in the Katrina Benefit Concert. I wonder what you would have him doing then? Slinging sandbags? Wading through apartment towers, looking for the dead? Are these the only actions which allow a person's input to be recognized as meaningful? I don't think so. I also want to note that I'm not answering the question "Is he doing all he can," or even "Is he doing enough?" I just want to state that he is doing something.

Anyways, that's my two cents on the issue. I don't mean to go off or anything like that, but the flavour of this thread struck me as mildly vicious. I'm not saying KW is right, or wrong. I guess my point is that we should try to be a little less judgemental of a situation or a person until we have more information. We should always want more information. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers. If so, post a reply to me, or let your M16 do the talking.

Keep it friendly, y'all. See you in game.
                    Dice

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

I admit, he said in the concert that he was going to donate as much as he could, and I respect him for that. It's just his overall racism in his songs and statements that irks me so much. And as for what is Bush doing? Well, he did just sign a $10,000,000,000 relief fund.

Comment

"I guess my point is that we should try to be a little less judgemental of a situation or a person until we have more information. We should always want more information."

and thats my point also.. but to this Racist Rapper... (hey thats almost a rap line in it'self, lol) He should have the whole story also before making a statement like that about America's leader... "Pres. Bush hates black people"... what, did he hear Bush say that?
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

He is their to raise money, not to tell us that us that the president hates blacks which is totally out of line for a fund raiser.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                            Kayne West said that at a benefit concert to raise money for New Orleans. Bush peeked out a window while flying overhead on his way to Texas.
                            Negative. President Bush was on the ground in the Gulf Coast, can Kanye West say the same thing? I don't think so. He's probably too busy driving around in his limo.

I understand that his remarks were made out of frustration, but for crissakes, what good does spewing unfounded, emotional gibes around do?

Oh, and saying that Kanye West is part of the community that is struggling on the Gulf Coast is like saying that President Bush and I are in the same community. Skin color does NOT make a community and anyone that says so is a racist by definition.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Here's another viewpoint:
                              http://vdare.com/sailer/050903_new_orleans.htm
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X