Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOOM the movie: when the stupid rains, it pours

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

Watch the theatrical trailer, if you haven't already.

I knew it was going to be a bad movie, it is DOOM after all. However, I thought it was going to be one of those fun bad movies. But this... man, I'm still laughing about this a good 30min after having seen it. Shooting the movie from the FPS point of view, as if the audience was actually playing the game? Hahahahahaha.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: DOOM the movie: when the stupid rains, it pours

ROFL, that is funny. i wonder how many people are actually going to pay to see the movie. just log onto a HLTV server and watch a match, it would be much better.

Comment

WTF. The movie is in first person view?What, do they think the audience would suck to much at playing the game so they make a movie and play it for them? Dumbest thing since the Mortal Kombat movie.That sets a new bar for stupidity. It's so unbelievably dumb only the Rock would do it.

---

Comment

and that's coming from a guy who's name is Steel Penguin, folks. :D

Comment

The fate of the world will be decided as it should be... in
          Mortal Kombat!

cue early 90s techno

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
            The fate of the world will be decided as it should be... in
            Mortal Kombat!

cue early 90s techno
            Your soul is MINE!!!!!!!

Cues Juno Reactor

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              Your soul is MINE!!!!!!!

Cues Juno Reactor
              Props for Juno Reactor.

And the best part of that trailer was Celldweller - Switchback. God I need to get that album again now, because of you guys and your damned trailer :(

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                and that's coming from a guy who's name is Steel Penguin, folks. :D
                lol

---

Comment

That trailer is... I mean... what the... I thought we already had the human genome mapped out. Right? What... what does that have to do with the game beyond Mars and Zombies? I mean, the hell part was the only at all mildly potentially interesting part of Doom. The idea that Hell invades through teleporters we build isnt creative, but still. As a result of mapping the human genome, people mutate into something beyond zombies? Or what? Please, someone help me. What reason does this movie have for being called Doom. Unless its because Doom is the generic FPS and this is the generic zombie action flick, but the main thing they would share would be genericness.

Comment

WTH?! universal?!!? i know universal can do something better than THAT!!?! woah...what the?! o.O

Comment

I can see maybe seeing it in like the dollar movies just so that I can have a genuine opinion of it, but I would not go pay full price to see it in theaters. The best part about Doom 3 is the creepiness of some of the parts, and you just dont get that sense of realism if youre watching someone else do it from their perspective, and you have no control over what happens. Other than that though, I think they did a great job with the monster detail, the imps looked just like in doom 3 and so did that big dog/machine thing. That movie would have to show some crazy special effects for me to consider seeing it in theaters. And even then it would have to be an iMax or a 3-d theater or something.
                      -----------------------------
                      Check out my site, Im very proud of it, so you diss it, you die.

Comment

I bet the in game graphics are better than the special effects in the movie.....
                        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I probbaly will rent it for 1 dollar at a McDonald once it is released on a DVD. I guess the movie maker is trying to suck people into the gaming world. lol... I was laughing as well when I saw the first person view. Probably the movie maker got scared when he was playing DOOM3 and got inspired.

Comment

Hmm...I watched the trailer and I didnt feel like the first person perspective was such a stupid idea...it has never really been tried before in a cinematic experience and obviously there are shots that are not done from that perspective so that balances out. I think it could have been implimented far better yes, definitely with more realism too...but I cant say I am appaled by the idea like everyone else is. To us gamers it's a joke because we've become accustomed to it as something specific to video games not film. God did it have to look so FAKE though? I've never seen a gun float around like that in real life...

Though one thing I really liked was how you see the guys FOOT as he jumps off the wall...thats one major difference I guess...you can see feet in real life even if in a first person perspective.

...you know...

Supposing you had the same movie filmed from multiple main characters points of view...and released it on DVD with multiple angle mode...you could choose the perspective from whatever character you wanted to watch the film...

I think it would be actually more immersive and entertaining to know you couldnt possibly see all of the film on one run through.

-Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

C'mon it's the ROCK, it's gotta be good!
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X