How to Get an A+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Get an A+

Please add your comments on the tactics for good grades.

sigpic

Re: How to Get an A+

That is really cool Emale. It is a good summary of what I have learned over the past 5 years.

Studying what interests you is really important. It makes all the difference.
    Viking

Comment

Hmm my usual rules (below) seem to match up nicely I think. :)

Rule 1: Don't cheat.
      Rule 2: See Rule 1.
      Rule 3: Be honest.
      Rule 4: Help others where and when you can!
      Rule 5: Don't be an asshat. Congratulate the other classmates on a job well done!
      Rule 6: Study hard. Play hard. (Unless you have a photographic memory of some sorts...even then you'd have to study eventually for something.)
      Rule 7: Go to class. Skip/miss if you are really sick. You don't want to infect the rest of your class.
      Rule 8: Ask, discuss, talk, ask some more. Memorizing only goes so far, but you learn more when you ask questions and discuss intelligently with others.
      Rule 9: Try not to argue, doesn't really get you anywhere. There's a time and place for that and usually that's not in a classroom during class.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Great feedback -- thanks guys.

More this fall when I teach 350 1st year students and explain how the Internet was invented by Al Gore.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
          Great feedback -- thanks guys.

More this fall when I teach 350 1st year students and explain how the Internet was invented by Al Gore.
          What? I hope not! If those kids believe you...oh man...

Since you're a professor E-Male, I do have a question:

Since your video mentions using a Sharpie/highlighter, I have a related question:

Have ebooks become accepted at your university? How often do you see students reading course material (or even reading for fun materials) on a e-reader instead of using a deadtree book?

I often wonder that since most of my recent (last 5 years) worth of reading materials have been purchased as digital copies rather than physical copies. Given how universities tend to be in more of the loop when it comes to current trends, I've wondered how accepted ebooks were in the classroom setting.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X