This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The killing of a unarmed teen...

Now I don't know what happened, I wasn't there, and just like everyone else, I'd like to know the truth... but seriously, reading this article on what the witnesses said happen, if true then that was a renegade cop and deserves what he gets, but I can't believe it's true. 1) How could he be a cop so long if that's how he policed everyday, and 2) the story is so far fetched, it's more like a TV show episode.

And lets talk about the title, "The killing of an unarmed teen"; you do know that their are more ways then firearms to kill or wound a cop right? That doesn't mean anything, for example, say I was in a fight with someone, trying to make a lawful arrest, we struggle and I feel him going for my gun, the smart thing for me to do is use my backup before he gets my gun, or my knife, or any means necessary to prevent him from taking my gun.

The Killing of an Unarmed Teen: What We Know About Brown's Death - NBC News

your thoughts on this?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: The killing of a unarmed teen...

The sad thing is I hear stories like this far to often. I understand the difficult job cops have, esspeacially when bad ones do things they should not, like abusing power or straight up murder and how it stains everywhere. Personally I have gone from automatically respecting the badge and uniform to a position of mistrust and reservation about police that approach me. I now teach my children to respect the person and not the title because having a badge does not mean they are mister friendly anymore. Sad to say.

Comment

It smelled like bull**** from the beginning.

Google searches reveal pictures of Brown throwing up Bloods gang signs, and an unconfirmed list of pending charges against him for 1st degree burglary and 1st degree assault.

Recent developments revealed that Officer Wilson was in the area searching for a robbery suspect that had just occurred at the Quik Trip. Michael Brown was the said suspect, and can be seen in video stills manhandling the clerk.

The other eyewitness - Brown's friend, Dorian Johnson - was apparently there with Brown when the robbery occurred, making him an accessory to the crime.

As I suspected, Brown was a common thug who threw down with a cop and lost.

Anyone objecting to Officer Wilson shooting an "unarmed teenager" need to review Supreme Court decisions in Tennessee v. Garner and Graham v. Connor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
        It smelled like bull**** from the beginning.

Google searches reveal pictures of Brown throwing up Bloods gang signs, and an unconfirmed list of pending charges against him for 1st degree burglary and 1st degree assault.

Recent developments revealed that Officer Wilson was in the area searching for a robbery suspect that had just occurred at the Quik Trip. Michael Brown was the said suspect, and can be seen in video stills manhandling the clerk.

The other eyewitness - Brown's friend, Dorian Johnson - was apparently there with Brown when the robbery occurred, making him an accessory to the crime.

As I suspected, Brown was a common thug who threw down with a cop and lost.

Anyone objecting to Officer Wilson shooting an "unarmed teenager" need to review Supreme Court decisions in Tennessee v. Garner and Graham v. Connor.
        Unfortunately, Whether he has done bad things in the past or not does not give the officer the right to take his life. A lot of people do a lot of stupid things, dsn't mean they all have to get shot.

In cases like this it's easy to see that there is a problem with how the police in the states go about things and the lack of willingness to change the rules. In europe, cops very rarely use lethal force. And when they do, its absolutely last resort. Yet still, the prison population is far, far below that of the U.S. and that's a pity to say the least. One unarmed kid vs a trained cop? no reason at all why that should end in a shooting.

Comment

Unfortunately, Whether he has done bad things in the past or not does not give the officer the right to take his life. A lot of people do a lot of stupid things, dsn't mean they all have to get shot.
          He wasn't shot because of his past, I'm betting the cop didn't know him or his past... he was shot because he fought with the cop and tried to take his firearm...he lost... wait till you hear the whole, true story...coming one day soon.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

As it looks right now it seems they were both in the wrong. I would have shot anyone trying to take my firearm as well, but not as they were running away. All police should have a camera on the person at all times and would clear up a lot of confusion and missinfo, also prevent cops from abusing there power.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              He wasn't shot because of his past, I'm betting the cop didn't know him or his past... he was shot because he fought with the cop and tried to take his firearm...he lost... wait till you hear the whole, true story...coming one day soon.
              Never said the cop knew. I said that whether the cop knew or not should not have made a difference. One trained cop vs one unarmed civilian should never end up with the civilian being dead. The kid shouldnt have even been in a position to take the gun in the first place. Its just a different mindset I guess on when its justified to take someones life.

Comment

What, should of ended up with the cop being dead? Many cops are killed with their own weapon, especially in a street fight/ground fight... and remember, the cop is under obligation to enforce the law, battery on an LEO is a felony, we are not obligated to retreat or quit...actually, you could be fired for that. If this "kid" fought with the cop and tried to get his weapon, and the cop got control of it first or used a backup and shot him...justified!

NOW, if what witnesses say are true that the cop shot him while he was running away or surrendering with his arms up... then I agree 100% pure murder... but I'm willing to bet in the middle of the day with witnesses, that's NOT what happened...we will see.

Good discussion thou...that's why I started it, to get non-LEO opinions/thoughts... body cameras would be nice on all cops, but guess what...you citizens don't want to buy them. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

The killing of a unarmed teen...

[MENTION=1612]Magnum50[/MENTION].

Would the cop's car have a dash cam? Is that a requirement everywhere in the US or is it something local departments elect to do on their own?

I'm mostly curious why no footage either audio of video has come out.
                  Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 08-16-2014, 02:34 PM. Reason: cause
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

It's a option via departments... since they are expensive... trust me, I was against the in car cameras at first but I've found that it has saved my butt 99% of the time from false complaints... the other 1% was me bitchin and complaining about work and the admin, and talking about a fellow officers tits, lol, that got me in trouble...suspended for 3 days. ;)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I can see that being the case. People are more polite/nice when they know they are being watched.

Cops shoot a whole lot of people here in AZ every year. Just happens most of them are white or at least light-ish. So it doesn't make international news.
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

The outrage isn't necessarily the death of this so-called angel or the crucifixion of the officer, it is the citizens' behavior in the response to the event. It is outrageous that the people are demonstrating in an out of control manner and allowing their emotions to override their sense of remaining civil. With the implementation of a curfew and forced breakup of demonstrations, people now claim that the governor and the state troopers are attempting make it impossible for their choice to demonstrate their ability to exercise free speech. Is it not the people in that area that should be ashamed of themselves? If these individuals had remained calm and acted appropriately, this would not be national news. In fact, the way the press has chosen to announce this event, the event has become sensationalized and a perfect chance for people like Al Sharpten to attempt to gain political advancements.

I am personally sick of how every little event, whether stupid or wrong, becomes national news...

It would also seem that many of the police are forcibly stereotyped into the category of being an elevated 4-9. It seems that it is popular to catch a cop doing his job and making him look like a monster. Sure, some cops are those "monsters" and anti-social thugs, but are all of them? No, they are not all monsters. There is also the stereotype that says all blacks are likely to be criminals. Though, in light of things, it seems that the deceased was in fact a criminal. The problem is that people seem to forget that we should show the respect a person deserves and especially the respect a person of a given role deserves.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Good point BeSiege... not just with this but remember that large black male that was being arrested, resisted, and died in custody a month or so ago.... OK, so an illegal choke hold was used that's something that officer will have to deal with and be punished for... what punishment, what charges, I don't know...

But the point... if your being placed under arrest by the police DO NOT RESIST, you won't win that fight... if it was an illegal arrest, then when your released hire an attorney and sue the department and officer, hey for 1 night in jail you might walk away with 5K minimum, because most departments settle these small claims instead of fighting them, even if they don't think they were wrong.

If it was a grose illegal arrest, you'll get a lot of money and someone may lose their job.

So resisting at the time of arrest is not smart.

jmo
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I watched a live feed last night around midnight from ferguson.

There were people in the street, but a little after midnight they organized peacefully to clear out till morning. After there were more reporters than activists.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

It did not help that somewhere in the city a person was shot by another civi.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X