Eboli is here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eboli is here

Here we go people. WTF?! The last bit of confidence I have in or system is fading. And when I say last bit I mean the 2% I had left. The US system is congested with crooks, and evil men and woman along side a dash of incompetent idiots. Only because I know the later half is a minority (the dumb dumbs ) does my mind venture to a place where I have to wonder if it was all planned. Heads up^ this could get bad. I hate to be the guy who sounds like FOX news (fear mongering idiots) but this is something everyone should be aware of. Anyone of knowledge on the matter care to comment? Cause at this point I feel as if it is all staged, a false flag so to speak.

Re: Eboli is here

If you think it's bad here try living in Liberia, or Gabon, or Mali, or Somalia, or Bangladesh, or Yemen, Lebanon, North Korea, or Syria, or Iraq, or Crimea, or ..... you get the picture.

Breathe Deep. Take it easy. Everythings gonna be all right, be all right.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm going to go off on a limb here and say my opinion about so called 'inside jobs' and 'false flags':

The first inside job was when God allowed the snake to convince Eve to give an apple to Adam. By this I mean it's far far far easier to believe in a grand 'boogeyman' scheme than to understand that the world is truly chaotic, and for all intents, random. To be fair, skepticism is healthy and important, but uninformed skepticism, opinions based of fear and ignorance, is dangerous. It breeds anti-intellectualism through ascribing a scenario before looking at the realities; you create the premise before you have the facts to validate any conclusion. Such an approach is anti-science and opposed to logic.

Finally, its been said for years that the global world can't cope with a truly dangerous infectious disease. The borders are too open and the inherent freedoms we believe in prevent us from tackling the disease in ruthless, but effective, manner. Ebola is here in the US, and yes it may be bad, but so are the mumps, the measles, AIDs, all sorts of STIs, West Nile, and the assortment of Flues.

Frankly, the news media, CNN in my observations, is latching on to this 'first US case of Ebola' in a far too 'panicky' manner. Its in Texas, its isolated to a town, and they have the resources to truly clamp down on it.

Comment

@ Grunt 70 , Although my post was the result of a drunken episode in which I may have not thought twice before posting, and reflected my frustration with our gov in a way that seems as if I don't love my country. I can assure you that is not the case. I am aware of comparisons to other nations and agree there are some really bad places to have the unfortunate lottery of birth in, but on the same token I am also aware of everything going wrong here in the US as I am sure most of you will agree so I wont go into details. That being said, it is the reason I am so vocal as of late, especially when it comes to the general idiocy that seems to be our elected officials. I never considered myself of above average intelligence, so when I start to wonder if maybe I should be running for office it becomes painfully aware something is wrong. As an individual I know I am capable of taking care of myself in many different scenarios, as a parent it becomes more difficult to know the right thing to do. As of right now giving everything I know to the best of my abilities, I can't help but feel as if we are teetering on a cliff and the feather is about hit the drop off side of the canyon. But I did find your post comforting :) I just hope you are right.

@ Ytman , I always find your posts respectful, thoughtful, reasoned and enjoy reading them. As for the false flags, well...... there is far to much evidence on the many our nation has orchestrated through out the years. Not to mention the things our gov has done to our troops and civilians without there knowledge in order to benefit theirs. When I weigh these facts against the current climate in America (including the globe) and see how it is our gov is acting, when we all know crooks are in power it becomes difficult for me not to entertain scenarios so I may come to an outcome that makes sense. I am all for logic and reason, it is how I live my life. Which I believe is why I am having such a hard time understanding how we as a nation could have let so many terrible things happen in the past, I know, I know, ignorance, media manipulation, fear ect... I just don't want to be one of those people that didn't see it coming, I have loved ones to care for and sadly I have no faith in our current political system to tell me the truth, do the right thing or even help in protecting it's citizens.

IDK.... I will just sit back and watch things unfold and see what happens, I truly hope I am a paranoid ignoramus. That being said "lets play ball!"

Comment

How to not get Ebola:

Don't play with other people's poop
          Don't play with other people's blood
          Don't have sex with infected people
          Don't lick toilet seats
          Don't play with other people's Saliva
          Don't play with other people's various bodily fluids.

It is not an airborne disease. Don't panic.

We have relatively secure borders.
          We have a relatively educated populous.
          We have relatively good emergency management.
          We have relatively good access to medical care.
          We have quarantine procedures in place.

We're actually kinda alright. Just don't go around playing with other people's poop.
          Skud

Comment

I encountered someone a few days ago that told me the following:

"They're gonna send one of their people over here, the muslims. He'll have ebola and blow up and then we'll be in trouble because we aren't ready for it."

I think that is +2 for sensationalism and fear mongering.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Shane. No worries man. I never thought you didn't love your country. I just wanted to help frame the question a little bit.

I personally don't think "everything" is going wrong in our country. I'm a political centrist and I think that helps stave off what most on the right or leaning right think--that Obama has ruined our country and we are at the brink of destruction. Funny how so many on the left thought that of the 8 years of republican rule we lived through before Obama. These days I get bashed from both sides and I think that may have something to do with your perception that "everything" is going wrong in our society. In the not too distant past there was a place for people like me and we had a good presence in American politics. These days, right or left, if you aren't aligned in lock step either way the other side is convinced you are the devil. I have never seen the country more divided politically and it seems to me that is a dangerous place to be as a Nation. In the not so distant past politicians on both side of the aisle made concessions to reach compromise to move the country forward in terms of policy and politics. Today each side is so polemic there doesn't seem to be room or the desire to reach compromise and It is hurting this country in the long run.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                How to not get Ebola:

Don't play with other people's poop
                Can someone go warn [MENTION=8330]Dirtboy[/MENTION]?

Comment

Let me be the first to say: We are all doomed!!!!111!!!

Seriously that is how the media is reacting to this. There is next to no coverage of this when it comes to its effects in Africa and other nations, but one case here in the States and everyone freaks out. If we only spent this much attention and money on AIDS or cancer...

BTW, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but a Canadian lab has come up with a viable vaccine for Eboli (in trial phase).

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                  Can someone go warn [MENTION=8330]Dirtboy[/MENTION]?
                  LOL! Oh [MENTION=8330]Dirtboy[/MENTION]... I hope you are listening...
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I work in a hospital. Granted, I'm not a nurse, but I'm still in the environment. I can tell you right now that it is a bit scary. Not so much because of the disease, but because of the lack of education on the subject.

We're all just people. You can educate people till you're blue in the face, but until the threat or need is local, none of that knowledge is retained. We just went live with a new documentation software. Every single doctor we have went through training on how to use said software. 3 hours of training for every single one that went over tons of information. Every single doctor in the list called us after the go live team left and asked very, very basic questions. I honestly don't believe a single one of them retained any information at all from that training.

Just an example... people aren't going to know how to treat ebola until they are faced with it. Texas is learning that lesson now. Lessons like that help the rest of the community prepare, but it's a lesser effect when it's further away. The hospital next door to the Texas one are going, "Oh crap, let's get ready for this." Hospitals in Alaska are going, "This won't come to Alaska... come on, we're Alaska."

All in all, I don't think it'll end up becoming an outbreak here /BUT/, should the virus mutate and become something more dangerous than it already is, yes... I fully believe it would have a very good chance of cutting a huge swath of death across our nation. We simply are not prepared for something we do not expect.

Mom
                    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                    Forever Perplexed

Comment

Ebola is such an insignificant threat. The common cold kills more people every year if you look at the entire population. The flu is a much more significant threat.

Ebola? **** dog. That is nothing. Fear the flu. Get a flu shot and you have increased your chance of living. Ebola has almost zero chance of effecting anybody in a developed country.

What this should teach us is that the ignorant of the world can, and should, scare us.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss, personally.

Ebola is deadly, bottom line. Not only is it deadly, but it's highly infectious. We can speculate all day long, but the nurses that got Ebola were trained in PPE, and they still got infected. In it's current state, does it have the chance to eradicate mankind? No. But, remember, Ebola is a virus, and viruses have a high mutation rate. When we start throwing experimental drugs at it, we're running the risk of it mutating.

Personally, I'm not worried about the ebola that is going around. I am, however, very worried about a mutated strain of ebola that is airborne or causes coughing/sneezing/etc... I can go on down the list. Right now, you're mostly right... but if it isn't contained and is allowed to grow... we're done, son.

Mom
                        Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
                        Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
                        Forever Perplexed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                            Good. Sums it up nicely.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

just saying.

im pretty tired of the mass hysteria about ebola. Yes its something to be concerned about as it is a very nasty disease but at the same time, the for developed countries like the USA and GB, its very hard for this type of disease to spread. One of the reasons why it has spread so much in the african countries is because they are still insisting on doing the traditional burials of the people who have died from ebola. Like others have said. If you don't play with peoples poop, vomit, semen etc and do things such as washing you hands. you stand very little chance of catching ebola.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X