Saddam Hussain captured alive!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Ender_
    They just said on the news that the Iraqi people are going to be trying Saddam and if they see fit then can sentance him to death.
    Yeah I read the quote wrong so I edited as you were typing. Sorry about that one peeps.
    WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon
      The UN has already said that Saddam is technically a prisonor ow war under geneva and will be protected by the UN rules, That state that he will not get death. Exile and imprisonment is what I am thinking.
      Ah, but the UN isn't the be all and end all of power... If Saddam is in the custody of Iraqi police, and they're using US assistance to detain and secure him, then there's no legal way for Saddam to be a POW.

On the other hand, if he's in US custody the Geneva conventions clearly state that a nation cannot turn POWs over to an unestablished government.

So, I guess the questions are whether or not Iraq has an established gov't, and who currently has custody of Saddam.

Personally, I could care less where the "Mother of All Trials" takes place. I don't care if it's public or closed. All I want is for him to get a fair trial and for coalition forces to get a chance to extract intel from him. Death sentence or life imprisonment with hard labor? Eh, either one will do... The whole Saddam as a martyr argument is kinda shaky if he's given a fair trial and the whole world knows why he's being punished...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well Iraq supposedly has a established court system now and is being monitored by the UN so I guess we will see. Anyone, no matter who, in my book deserves a fair trial. I will stand up for that weither saddam or bin laden just like I would anyone in my family.

I may be wrong but I would think he is in US custudy. here is where it said he was a POW http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/15/sprj.irq.saddam.legal.status/index.html

Comment

Yeah I was right.... US has him now http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/15/sprj.nirq.saddam.future/index.html
          Saddam Hussein is likely to remain in U.S. military custody for at least six months and will be treated in accordance with the Geneva Conventions during that time, U.S. officials say
          He may also not get Death (same link as above)
          The U.S.-backed coalition suspended the death penalty when it assumed power in Baghdad and is unlikely to rescind that suspension because coalition member Britain is barred by treaty from participating in any legal action that could result in a sentence of death.
          But once Iraqis regain sovereignty, they are free to determine what penalties to use and how they will be applied.
          who knows when they will get sovereignty back

Comment

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bomb.php

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/realhussein.php

laugh.
            And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Comment

theres no way he is a POW :o
              From Adam Webb

Comment

he cant be a pow because there is no war on. a pow can only be a pow in a state of war.

1st of may president bush declared an end to the fighting.

so he is just a plain old prisoner.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Yeah, dragon posted an article that specifically stated that he's NOT a POW... (I tried to ignore the fact that he tried to use that article to say that he was a POW...)
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                    freedom fighters.......
                    Freedom fighters my ass.

Blowing up a truck with soldiers inside that were sent to take you away is one thing.

Blowing up a school bus with children whose only "crime" is that their religion is different than yours is murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                      yup...same for Israel, "i think we will bomb this house today" " hey what about that building there, thats got loads of people in it"
                      While I don't agree with some of Israel's tactics and think they can be a little too heavy handed at times, I find it extremely difficult to find any sympthy for the Palestinians.

In 1948, the UN created the state of Israel and Palestine. However, at the time, the Palestinians did not want the Jews next to them (they were killing them during WWII but Britain protected them up till the point that Germany took over that area). They declared that they would erase the Jews from the land and drive them into the sea. Three wars later (all started by the Palestinians or their Arab allies), Israel now controls most of the land that the Palestinians were to get from the UN resolution.

Fast-forward it to today and all of a sudden they would be happy to get the land given to them under the UN Resolution.

During the latest road map for peace, it was agreed that both sides would begin steps to enact peace between them. Israel began to demolish settlements in the disputed areas, halted construction of new settlements, put on hold a security fence, lifted many of the roadblocks/checkpoints in the disputed areas, and began negotiations between the Palestinians about “political prisoners” being held with an initial agreement of allowing around 400 to go free.

The Palensitians vowed not to kill any Israeli in Israel, which only happened because Egypt stepped in and negotiated with the terrorist groups and gave them something so they wouldn’t detonate bombs or attack the Israelis. However, the Palestinians were also suppose to crack down on the terrorist groups, disarm them at the very least, and to provide security for everyone in the disputed areas. Since Arafrat will not give up his power, the Palestine security force never happened and the crackdown on the terrorists never occurred. Instead, when the terrorist groups heard that the Israelis did not release all prisoners in the initial round of negotiations, they declared an end to the peace and resume terrorist acts.

and that is all I have to say about the Middle East

Comment

In 1948, the UN created the state of Israel and Palestine. However, at the time, the Palestinians did not want the Jews next to them (they were killing them during WWII but Britain protected them up till the point that Germany took over that area). They declared that they would erase the Jews from the land and drive them into the sea. Three wars later (all started by the Palestinians or their Arab allies), Israel now controls most of the land that the Palestinians were to get from the UN resolution.
                        Sorry Wolfie, but you're missing some important information there. Like the fact that the Palestinians were about 90% of the population in the area and the UN just set up a government with Israeli representation on top of them. Not to mention the repeated peaceful attempts by the Palestinians to be heard by the UN that went without success.

the Palestinians did not want the Jews next to them (they were killing them during WWII but Britain protected them up till the point that Germany took over that area).
                        Funny, cause if you read a book called "Blood Brothers", a personal account from a Palestinian Christian, alive today, and a renowned peace activist in the area, you'll see that a Palestinian village willingly and graciously hosted a Zionist Jewish Army making their way to Israel. Oh, and that the neighboring villages all did the same thing, up until the point they turned their tanks on the village and forced them out of their homes.

The Palestinians were forced out of their homes, put under a foreign rule (Zionists were having trouble moving Jews into the area so they could gain legitimacy for an Israeli state. It didn't already exist.), often times killed and persecuted, and were ignored by the global community. Scratch that. They were not ignored. These actions were sanctioned by the global community.

I'm not condoning Palestinian actions today. Nor do I condone US and global support for the false state of Israel. But I try to remember to refer to it as Palestine and not Israel.
                        [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour

Sorry Wolfie, but you're missing some important information there. Like the fact that the Palestinians were about 90% of the population in the area and the UN just set up a government with Israeli representation on top of them. Not to mention the repeated peaceful attempts by the Palestinians to be heard by the UN that went without success.
                          Some could point out that the Jews had a claim to the land before the Palestinians and that they were forced out of the land back during the Bibliocal times. So on one hand you can say "well the Palestinians are already there" or on the other hand you can say "the Jews lived in the land before they were pushed out, pushed out in fact by armies consisting of Palestinians among others"

Personally, I think the world should just step back and let them fight each other to extinction. Then we won't have this issue anymore. Then again, that is just my opinion.

Comment

WHOA H. The false state of Israel? That is a humongous mouthfull you just said there.

In order to call that the false state of Israel, you must choose to ignore 1000's of years of history that calls that land Israel. You must also choose to ignore the authority of the U.N., who established it. You must also choose to ignore the authority of the vast majority of sovereign powers who refer to that land as Israel. You must also ignore the formidable army of Israel itself, who have several times beaten back armies who rolled in trying to claim that land for themselves.

Practically speaking, it makes no sense to call that the "false" state of Israel. Legally, it makes no sense to call it a false state, since appropriate authorities established it. By what authority do you make your claim, because I don't get it.

Regards,

leejo

Comment

Hey did you guys hear they caught Saddam? He was in a rat hole hiding like a coward and couldn't even muster the ba!!s to fire a shot and sacrifice his life like he expected all his loyal soldiers to do!

Gotta wonder whats going thru their minds when they hear he begged the us special forces to spare his life!

What a freakin coward!!

:) I'll now return you to your regular progamming, "Israel/Palestine...who the h377 owns what!" hosted by Geralda Riviera! :D :D

Comment

woo woo woo the thread police have arrived!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X