Ambushed police officers... 3 deaths today... 12/21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambushed police officers... 3 deaths today... 12/21

There's irony in these officer's killing for "justice"... so just like all cops supposedly target all blacks... the blacks that killed these officers today, are judging all cops.

RIP Brother(s)

"Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again. Today I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school. Today I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized. Today I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief. Today I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident. Today I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were to busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived. No, today I will not do that.

Why? Because Today I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway. Today I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out. Today I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen. Today I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer. Today I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was to busy. Today I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery. Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won’t be coming home today. The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won’t know why. There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps will be played as I am laid to rest. My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere. A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice. There will be no riots in the streets. There will be no officers marching, screaming “no justice, no peace.” No citizens will scream that something must be done. No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called. Only someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.
    I was a police officer."

unknown
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Ambushed police officers... 3 deaths today... 12/21

The number is now 126

Police Lives Matter.....

Comment

I'd comment on the video except that nothing seems to capture my feelings on it without vulgarities.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

When three officers died to an 'AK-47 type semi-automatic rifle' in Pittsburgh, PA in 2009 our entire city was in shock and mourning. No one ever took the side of the criminal who took their lives and the entire city was unified at their sacrifice.

I was attending the University of Pittsburgh then and during the weekend there was a memorial at our Arena. Every police officer and firefighter was there. Thousands of citizens showed up to show their respects. I watched it from my dorm room out the window just a few yards away.

There is a dangerous animosity brewing on both sides of this, and I think its largely fueled by the differences percieved by the 'us-es'.

Comment

And furthermore there is a big difference between saying this:

"There's irony in these officer's killing for "justice"... so just like all cops supposedly target all blacks... the blacks that killed these officers today, are judging all cops."

and

"There's irony in these officer's killing for "justice"... so just like all cops supposedly target all blacks... the lone psycho that killed these officers today, are judging all cops."

Being angry is justified; spreading falsehoods by implying that many blacks ambushed the officers isn't. And frankly why does his blackness matter? Did Eric Frein's whiteness mater?

Comment

YT,

The title of the thread refers to 3 officers killed, not just the 2 in NY. The officer in Florida was killed by a mixed race/black suspect.

That said, Law Enforcement is not the ones making this a race issue! Its the damn "race baiters" such as national media, Sharpton, and Jackson who are pushing the race issue. I will not waste our time going over the numbers which are compiled by the FBI showing that there is NOT a disproportionate number of Black Makes being killed by officers. And there is no reason to debate the FACT that Blacks kill more Blacks than others do. I also have no desire to get into a philosophical discussion about why more black males (per capita) are jailed for violent crimes as I have more real life experience than just about anyone who reads these forums in conducting criminal investigations and see first hand the disproportionate number of black suspects versus White and Hispanic suspects committing those crimes.

The bottom line is.... when an Officer of the Law detains you and issues commands to place you in custody, the numbers of unarmed ANY race shootings would drastically drop if you just listened to what you were told to do and then DO IT. Is every arrest legal? NO. Does that give you the right as a citizen to decide at that moment you are not going to listen to the commands given by the Officer and sit there and argue with them? NO.

Not only do I have many years of experience investigating criminal activity, but I also have experience investigating Officers. As an Internal Affairs Supervisor, I have aggressively gone after Officers who were in the wrong. I feel comfortable saying that any good Officer has a problem with bad Officers and is more than happy to see them pay the price for their transgressions against the citizens of the communities we serve. This narrative that we close ranks and protect bad officers is just pure bull****. We protect officers who did the right thing and are tried and convicted by the media and a portion of the public whipped into a frenzy before the true facts even come out.

The video above was an attempt to show WHY Officers shoot persons who do not comply with the orders given them in a high risk situation. As you see in the videos, Officers are subjected to potentially deadly situations on a regular basis. Something as simple as a traffic stop can turn deadly in a matter of seconds. I was shot 3 times standing 2 feet from a car window in a situation such as that. Never even saw it coming. When I returned to work 10 months later, I jumped right back on the horse and put myself back in job as I did before the shooting. There was no media to cry for justice for me. No political figures took the time to weigh in on the situation, no protests over the blatant ambush tactics used to try and take my life from me. I didn't cry about it, I just went back to work.

The vast majority of Police related use of deadly force could be stopped by simply listening to what the Officer says to do, and if you feel it was wrong or a violation of your rights, then get a lawyer. There are plenty of them out there ready and willing to take that case.

Comment

This just happened..... it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

BERKELEY, Missouri (AP) — A suburban St. Louis police officer shot and killed a man who pointed a gun at him at a gas station late Tuesday, police said.

Police: Officer in Missouri shot, killed man who pulled gun - Yahoo News

Comment

Just stay safe, guys... And remember, the VAST majority of the country is behind you.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thx Apophis... unfortunately it's the silent majority... just glad I'm 18 months till retirement, after 30 years on the job... I sick of it all.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum, I have many friends that serve both as National Guardsmen and Law Enforcement Officers that have shown nothing but utmost professionalism. Thank you for your service to your community. There is a disregard for LEOs safety by many the media and our country. These are usually the same people that cry the hardest when police officers dont do their jobs. With that said, its a double edge sword. There are organizations that have greatly overstepped their boundaries and authority in the name of the law. They do not out weigh the officers doing the right thing, but we dont youtube or print the stories of those doing their jobs.

I truly believe the best thing a person can do, when confronted by LEO in any situation, is to follow their orders. If they are wrong, take it up after the fact. Most Officers are recorded either audio or video, to protect themselves, I think we should do the same thing. Smart phones are so prolific, you would almost be remiss is you didnt record the interaction just to cover your own ass. But know your local laws. Not sure if there are still areas with laws against recording LEO, but I believe at one time PA, NJ, NY or one of the northern lib states had a law against it.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Thx... it's been a great career, a lot of UPs, mostly ups, and a few downs.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhold View Post
                          YT,

The title of the thread refers to 3 officers killed, not just the 2 in NY. The officer in Florida was killed by a mixed race/black suspect.
                          I'm very sorry for the mistake. I was unaware of more than one shooting or ambush of officers this weekend. I was only aware of the NYC shooting.

===

Officers need protection in the line of duty, both legally and personally. I understand that the nature of crime is such that it is inherently unpredictable and the fact of enforcement being a 'reactive' action places officers at a serious disadvantage. You get no argument from me on these facts. The best evidence for this is the video showed of the aftermath of the St. Louis shooting. It is a miracle that the officer in St. Louis is alive today, and a good thing at that.

The dynamic between citizen and officer is inherently supposed to be good, the problems that we see today though, are that in some cases with serious consequences, innocent citizens are treated as criminals first. Ignore Eric Garner and Michael Brown; Tamir Rice, Labar Jones, John Crawford, Akai Gurley, Timothy Stansbury Jr., Bobby Canipe, Doug Zerby, Johnathan Ferrel, John Wrana, Eugene Mallory etc. etc.

There is a race component, but its not necessarily an outwardly malicious one but one built on 'profiles'*, but the bigger issue is general police-public relations. Both sides are getting testy and there is far more anger than desire for dialogue, transparency, or change. Its a two way street, and sadly it seems that things will simmer and boil and not progress in any meaningful way.

*Race issues in america comes in two common flavors; Completely Blind people who say they are Race Blind but act differently, and people who live day to day aware that others are profiling them. While the video I present shows citizen-citizen profiling it is a societal feature that goes into our policing;

And there is no reason to debate the FACT that Blacks kill more Blacks than others do. I also have no desire to get into a philosophical discussion about why more black males (per capita) are jailed for violent crimes as I have more real life experience than just about anyone who reads these forums in conducting criminal investigations and see first hand the disproportionate number of black suspects versus White and Hispanic suspects committing those crimes.
                          Which inherently justifies profiling I guess. And it is a very convenient thing to say: 'Get a Lawyer!' while ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter and is costly and time consuming.

The ultimate point to get from this aside is to realize that you can't treat a section of society differently and expect them to feel like they are a part of society. By criminalizing being black, just because there are many black criminals, means that you create distrust and a sense of oppression which only furthers the divide.
                          Last edited by Ytman; 12-24-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I was with you until the end of your post.

1. You post 2 examples that showed absolutely nothing. One is a CNN Anchor who is tweeting about his stop with no verification if what he is tweeting is the truth or not. And the other is a "sting" operation that yields no results except for their "tail" vehicle getting stopped with no explanation as to why they were stopped. As a matter of fact, Keith Beauchamp states that his ACLU partner called it an "Out of Place Stop" meaning the vehicle was stopped because of its Mississippi plates and the dark tinted windows. Last time I checked, Origin of vehicle registration and illegal tint were not a part of the racial profiling laws. As a matter of fact, with dark tinted windows it would have been impossible to determine the race of the occupants at night. So I am not really sure why you used it as an example of profiling.

2. My comment about "get a lawyer" was not ignoring anything. The statement as a whole was if a person believes they are wrongly being detained by law enforcement, then do as the officers says to do, and when the opportunity presents itself, get a lawyer, there are plenty out there ready and willing to take the case. The jab at the end of that comment was a reference to the fact that there are more Lawyers than are needed in the United States. Just do a little of that internet research you do and see for yourself. Now back to the point of the comment, which had nothing to do with Lawyers and the cost and time results, if Michael Brown or Eric Garner had complied with the orders given to them by the Officers involved, I would bet a years salary that they would still be alive and would get their day in court.

3. I am not criminalizing being black. I'm just stating a fact based upon personal experience. As a criminal investigator in the Robbery Division of the Police Department that serves the 4th largest city in the nation, a majority of Robbery Suspects are Black. There is nothing racial motivating about that. It is an observation taken from first hand experience. My job is not to debate why that is, it is just to do what I can do to close the case and take a high-jacker off the street.

Every person on the face of this earth makes decisions every day of their life. From things as benign as what they are going to wear that day, to things like "I think I am going to High Jack someone today" It is not anyone's fault but their own as to the consequences of those decisions. Why we as a society have turned the blame on everyone but the individual for the decisions they make, I will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhold View Post
                              Every person on the face of this earth makes decisions every day of their life. From things as benign as what they are going to wear that day, to things like "I think I am going to High Jack someone today" It is not anyone's fault but their own as to the consequences of those decisions. Why we as a society have turned the blame on everyone but the individual for the decisions they make, I will never understand.
                              This is called Personal Perception and Personal Responsibility. We, as a society, have decided that the individual is not responsible. It is their environment, family, crime, and drugs that made them do it. That they need to be coddled and treated with care. It was the gun that killed 10 children, not the individual. They lived in a bad neighborhood, thats why they are selling drugs. The government, state, city, county, and federal, has so many social programs to assist but they ignored or abused.

If we stopped trying to replace blame, and instead held people individually responsible, this might be a better place. But thats my conservative perception.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X