Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any pc gamer should be pissed at this BS

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6085583.html

Comments? Oppinions? I am going to hold off my swear fest until I see what others think..

But the most powerful voice in the debate may be that of Jeff Griffiths, president and CEO of Electronics Boutique Holding Corp., and EBgames' top policy maker. When contacted Friday, Griffiths put the rumors in perspective. "It's not true," he said. "PC games are and will continue to be a very important part of our business."

Comment

Of course he is going to say that. He isnt going to annouce it right there.

Comment

Electronics Boutique carries crappy PC games at high prices anyways. PC gaming is not dieing. They just dont bring the right games to the PC I think. Look at the GTA series for example. They made a great choice bringing vice city to PC finally after making everyone mad by saying they wouldn't do it. Plus if designers would take in mind that actuall stability of a game lately I think it would fly on pc a lot smoother. Halo for example was crappy on PC. Plus pirating is not helping I am sure.

That is my two cents I want change back
        WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Well, I don't see EBGames dumping PC titles anytime soon... And none of the GameStops that I've been to have had anything more than a token selection of bargain bin PC games with 1 or 2 top sellers displayed prominently among them... No wonder they're not selling very many PC games...

I don't think Amazon or WalMart is going to stop selling PC games anytime soon, though, and thats where I buy most of my games anyway...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
            The only exception to that (for me) is Bioware.
            Blizzard for me...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've wondered lately if games are starting to suck or if I'm just getting stuck on the games I already know and like. I think what really happened is that I just got fed up with the multiplayer aspect of games (TG has ruined me). Not the actual game, just the public environment and the difficulty of finding a "good" game. The excitement I've had for a few games this year has really dropped off rapidly after playing them much. I'm just stuck on GR now. :) But I go back to games like Starcraft occasionally and still dig it, so I don't know.

Pirating is definitely an issue, but then so is creating a quality product. We'll see, I guess.
              [volun]

Comment

Before PC's were big it was the Commodore Amiga and Atari ST that reigned supreme. They blamed Piracy for their downfall but really commodore supported it's crappy PC product with the profits from the Amiga (something like 2 million world wide sales) and eventually went bust. So piracy has always been an 'issue' for at least 20 years and is a BS excuse.

PC gamers buy PC games. Some through Piracy, some legally. Who can blame a pirate for getting his game cheap when a) he's being ripped off at the shelf for b)some crappy product (Take UBIsoft and their patches for instance - lock on anyone?)

So people who pirate you take out the equation and leave the ones who legitimately buy games. If that's 100,000 people x 30/$ - who in their right mind is going to throw away that kind of sales return ($ 3M).

Of course if you wait a while (like I do) then the price drops. I went out the other day and got splintercell and elite force 2 for 30.00 for the two. Had I bought them new it would have cost me 70.00. So I'm happy. Of course MP games are a bit different - I don't suppose I'll wait 3 months for Soldner or GR2 to drop in price :)

PC games are making money and if whoever doesn't want to stock PC games then that means higher profits for the ones that do.
                Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  Originally posted by eternal
                  The only exception to that (for me) is Bioware.
                  Blizzard for me...
                  Blizzard is definitly my most trusted friend. Which is the only reason i am taking a big step into MMORPG's when Blizzard releases World of WarCraft.

It has to do with all the pirating and the fact that console gamers buy alot more games than PC gamers do. I bought my copy of half-life when it came out, but have i spent 1 cent on the game since? no. Do i still use the game to this day on a regular basis? hell yes. With all the mods, patches, and fun free games to access without having to go to your local gaming store I am not surprised one bit about how crappy PC game sales are.
                  And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Comment

If it had to do anything with pirating then why is it an issue now - is everyone suddenly a pirate? oo-aar me harty! :)

As I said - pirating has been around years. If it was that much of a problem then they would've stopped games ages ago. If it is such an issue, why do stores like EB and Game allow a 30 day return policy, no questions asked?

It's a bit like wars, they're never fought for the reasons stated. As with games they probably want to blame piracy because they make more sales from console games (let's face it - there are a lot more console gamers). It's just a good and unarguable reason rather than saying the truth that is - we want more money so screw you PC gamers - Ha haaaaaa me harty, hoist the jolly roger and sharpen me cutlass. Let's get those yellow livered PC gamers and keel haul them for good measure. *squawk* ;)
                    Jex.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.

How is the PC version of Splinter Cell Jex? I rented the version on Xbox a long time ago, spent like 6 hours on the first mission pulling my hair out. :) But, seems like it might be up my gaming ally nowadays. Do you think it ported well or is it another crappy product transfer?
                      [volun]

Comment

what seems to be happening is that people are not paying the EB high prices anymore. they are a rip off company. everything they sell i can get cheaper at amazon or tesco or play.com, i bet if you went to play.com and asked them they would tell you pc games are booming. i have bought abiut 15 pc games this year. and not one ps2 or any other console game.

i do admit though that piracy is a problem with the amount of P.C games out now that are available to download from certain file sharing companies it has to be taking its tole on the industry. but pc game manufacturers need to make a unique encripted code system or something to deal with that.. i dont think it would help much though

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                          Sorry to hijack the thread a bit.

How is the PC version of Splinter Cell Jex? I rented the version on Xbox a long time ago, spent like 6 hours on the first mission pulling my hair out. :) But, seems like it might be up my gaming ally nowadays. Do you think it ported well or is it another crappy product transfer?
                          i played it on PC and i liked it. it has an anoying 3rd person movement thing on the PC though.. but it was easier to kill the bad guys with a mouse.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

H-Hour - Yes it is worth a look. I like the game a lot but have to admit it is pretty easy. Just make sure you play with the correct mind set - slow, slow and stealthy with the occaisional headshot from the shadows.

The 3rd person aspect of it really had me for a few minutes, but then I got used to it and it actually works really well. For instance using the strafe keys allows you to strafe left right but changers the angle so you can look left or right.

On niggling point I have with the views is when you're pressed up against the walls - you are limited in you view area but not really too much of a problem.

I'm resting from SC at the mo as I'm playing AvP2 and Elite Force 2 at the Mo - there's a nice cyber chic in EF2 called Talsia and I think I can get her out on a date ;)

Unfortunately the developers don't seem to have paid so much attention on the ladies backsides as they did in the 1st lol
                            Jex.

Comment

Thx for the SC info guys. :)
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed