9/11 movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 movies

My personal feeling...as long as Hollywood does the films respectfully, I don't have a problem with it. I don't see a reason to have 9/11 off-limits. I think America as a whole has become a bit complacent about another attack. It's not a matter of "if", but "when/where".
    Thumbs up ?
    31.82%
    Thumbs down ?
    68.18%

Re: 9/11 movies

my thoughts, also. hollywood has to respect the people attached to the 9/11 tradegy and film it from a respective standpoint. they can do it, but they have to be careful as to their approach.

Comment

Oh ffs, I always knew Hollywood would sink their grubby little paws into this incident. Look, the sound fact is Hollywood will just exploit the tragedy. Its going to be the Titanic of the 21st century.
      Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
      |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

I've got some September 11th movies for you! (Watch for a bumped thread...)
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

im still watching...... *watch, watch, watch, ect..........* :D

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
            im still watching...... *watch, watch, watch, ect..........* :D
            I already bumped it!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i dont care, im still going to watch and watch and watch and watch....... *looks for bumped thread*

Comment

Thumbs down for them doing it respectfully, simply because it won't happen.

We all know what hollywood big shot movies are like. I can nearly guarantee The Rock will play a cop who gets caught in the building, and saves people and shoots random terrorists who weren't evne in the building.. and then at the end he gets out right before it collapses.

Comment

How can film makers (or any artist) ignore the most important event in the US for decades?

I have no respect for Hollywood, but that doesn't mean an important topic should be off the agenda for all film makers. I don't want to watch another "entertaining" superhero movie, I want something challenging.

You remember challenging movies. They happened after Vietnam, they happened after WWII. People have made movies about death, depression, insanity, murder, transexualism, race, rape, love, friendship and family all with sensitivity.

I don't think it's "thumbs up." I DEMAND 9/11 movies. How has no one had the courage in four years to take this on? Where's my Mississippi Burning, Schindler's List or American History X?
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

It wouldn't possibly be as good as American History X, that's for sure.

Comment

Not yet....we don't even have a memorial for it....but Oliver Stone is currently making one about 2 cops in the rubble or something like that....
                      I'm not the Killer Man...
                      I'm the Killer Man's son...
                      But I'll do the killing...
                      Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Considering the fact that we have zero knowledge about what happened in three of the planes or either of the towers, thumbs down.

Considering the fact that hollywood can only do something respectfully and true to reality about 1% of the time, thumbs down.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Again- twisted love story.

It would be an atrocity.

Comment

I'm with SmokingTarpan here
                            MrBadass_88 -Tactical Gamer since 2005-

Comment

I believe everyone sensible would be.

Comment