Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope this Taser thread turns out better...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this Taser thread turns out better...

http://media.putfile.com/05270701_dogbite

I'll tell you, that dog is lucky that he got tased and not shot. Kinda funny to see that tough, vicious dog run away yelping with his tail between his legs, though, isn't it?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Hope this Taser thread turns out better...

Originally posted by CingularDuality

I'll tell you, that dog is lucky that he got tased and not shot. Kinda funny to see that tough, vicious dog run away yelping with his tail between his legs, though, isn't it?
    Yep, the dog is lucky, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I'd describe violence or the consequences of violence to be very funny though. Pain and fear aren't funny, are they?

In Calgary, where I spent the past bunch of years living, I think they have a great policy towards dogs down there: hold the owner responsible for the dog's actions. I believe that an owner can even get jail time (of course, you've got to have a particularly nasty and vicious dog to get that, and must've received warnings, fines and the works already). The net effect is that Calgary has one of the lowest dog-attack rates in Canada.

In Ontario, they're taking a different course of action, which is to simply ban "vicious" breeds. I disagree with that, mainly because I believe that a dog reacts based on how it is raised and treated, rather than if it is a rottie or something else.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by Diceman
      Yep, the dog is lucky, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I'd describe violence or the consequences of violence to be very funny though. Pain and fear aren't funny, are they?
      Seeing big bad meanies, whether a vicious dog or a playground bully, get what they deserve and turn into wimpering, crying babies is often funny.

I see pain and fear every day that isn't funny. When I see some that is, I'll share it here.
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Furthermore, pain and fear are often hilarious. They are, in fact, what is funny. Take for example this joke:

A man in sandals orders a venti chi decaf lowfat latte and makes a donation of his change.

Comment

Anger's funnier than pain.

Comment

Seeing big bad meanies, whether a vicious dog or a playground bully, get what they deserve and turn into wimpering, crying babies is often funny.
            But the playground bully is motivated by malice, while the vicious dog is motivated by who-knows-what, but I doubt very much it's malice. I agree that it doesn't feel so bad to be turning the tables on someone who deserves it ('cause they're a malicious sonofagun), but again, I doubt very much that dog acted with malice.

It's probably crazy.

[ma-c2][taw-c1]

Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Comment

Fear is hilarious? You know, I can't think of a single time that I have found fear hilarious (I'm talking about real fear, not the "gotcha" kind). Can you?

[ma-c2][taw-c1]

Comment

That dog definently deserved what it asked for
                |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Again.. anger is funnier than fear.

Comment

But the playground bully is motivated by malice, while the vicious dog is motivated by who-knows-what, but I doubt very much it's malice. I agree that it doesn't feel so bad to be turning the tables on someone who deserves it ('cause they're a malicious sonofagun), but again, I doubt very much that dog acted with malice.

It's probably crazy.
                    Perhaps you're right. I'm not a dog psychologist... All I know is that I've seen a pack of vicious dogs tear apart weaker dogs just "for fun".

In actuality, that dog was probably bred and raised to be vicious. What would be truly funny is if, after taking care of the threat from the dog, the police officer had used the Taser on the person that trained that dog to act that way.

Regardless, this is a fine example of the value of a taser. Without it, that dog would probably be dead.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Regardless, this is a fine example of the value of a taser. Without it, that dog would probably be dead.
                      IMHO a dog like that deserves it..... If you cant control something like that, what would have happened. Imagaine if that was a kid coming home from a friends house or something...
                      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Absolutely, the dog needed to be controlled, and I think you're spot on when you say that the taser is the way to do it. You can't have dangerous animals running free in the streets.

You're also probably right about the dog being trained to be vicious. Personally, if an animal is that out of control, I think the owner should be held responsible. Ticket and fine. If s/he's a repeat offender, maybe 15 days jail or something. Just long enough to think about what they've done. OTOH, if there was real damage done, like a mauling or something, the penalty should go up appropriately.

I'm actually on about a pretty minor point; that's it's not terribly funny.

[ma-c2][taw-c1]

Comment

I'm actually on about a pretty minor point; that's it's not terribly funny.
                          Perhaps I think it's funny because I know more about Tasers? Let me see if I can find a Taser video that amuses you...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Perhaps I think it's funny because I know more about Tasers? Let me see if I can find a Taser video that amuses you...
                            How 'bout this?

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/3cops.html
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Ok, that's funny! :row__577:

[ma-c2][taw-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X