Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone

Anyone watch this show on History?

If not, do. It gets kinda tiring in the middle, but the whole package is very powerful.

At least the first season, anyway. We'll see what happens next year, if it comes back.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Alone

What's it about?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

http://www.history.com/shows/alone/about

Basically, 10 guys go in the woods.

Whoever lasts the longest wins $500k.

Winner lasted 56 days... when they came to get him, he said, "That's it? It's over? I was planning a spring garden."

Mom
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

Forever Perplexed

Comment

I just watched the final episode. Thanks for the link; definitely a neat concept, and the lessons learned from the winner could definitely be applied to anyone.

Comment

Gotta give that man props. He probably would have made it another 60 days. He joked and played and had a good time. Everyone else was all OMG I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. My father in law and I joke about the guy that was scared away by the cougar stalking his camp. We're both pretty confident we'd be eating cougar for dinner.

Mom

Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
            Gotta give that man props. He probably would have made it another 60 days. He joked and played and had a good time. Everyone else was all OMG I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE. My father in law and I joke about the guy that was scared away by the cougar stalking his camp. We're both pretty confident we'd be eating cougar for dinner.

Mom
            I'll admit I'd probably be that scared guy. I live and grew up in a big city and have only seen such animals behind bars and cages. To have one prowling around...eesh.

So it's what Survivor should have been? Let's be honest, those camera crews bring human contact into the picture when it's supposed to be just you, out there, living off the plants and animals, and peeing down the side of a tree while a squirrel buries its nose in its paws at the stench.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X