Rig Rage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig Rage

So.. My PSU went bad and wanted a quick fix, I live in the middle of no where and options are limited. Found a shop 30 min out that had PSU's that could run my system. His prices where over the top crazy, I did a quick search on one he was asking 70 dollars for (a kentek 700watt) all my searches came up at around 35 dollars. I made the offer of $55. because I try to support local business and I wanted something now and he agreed, he said it was a good PSU. I thought well in a few weeks I can replace it with a better one. Well it lasted 2 weeks before my monitor kept shutting off. Monitor was fine, connections fine, it was I believe the PSU not sending the right voltage. I also had a light on the pc indicating I had a power supply problem. Any how, I had to do a hard reset and my system went into a system repair loop. Nothing I did could get me out of it. So I took the rig up to the store and explained the situation. I thought I would go ahead and pay the difference for a good PSU (give the other peace of carp back) and have them help me get out of this repair loop. Well he wanted to charge me to look at it and charge 150% markup on another PSU. I told him I wasn't going to pay him to look at the PC but would pay the difference on another PSU at a reasonable price. He started with insults and became very defensive and in return I became angry, I used a couple color full phrases to let him know how I felt and informed him I wanted my money back and that I would be letting everyone I know to stay away from his store. On my way out to the car to leave It dawned on me that I had filled out a form with info about me and my pw so I went to go get it back. The guy met me at the door and shoved me from entering, YA!. To my disbelief I went into full on (please do that again) mode. He wouldn't bite and backed down (good for him) he doesn't know how smart a decision that was. Any how I found another place with fair prices and got a decent PSU. I had to do a fresh install of 10 and now I have to deal with 10 installing the wrong driver for my GPU. I try to uninstall and load the correct one but it keeps failing and I believe its because of the previous GPU driver 10 tried to install because it keeps reinstalling it..UHG! So how was your day :row__644:

Re: Rig Rage

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    [wall o text]So how was your day :row__644:
    My day was grand. Got my internet set-up and am 'thiiiiis close' to setting up my computer finally! :P

About that wall o text. That is pretty rough - I assume your second store was still a local one? (Also its probably a reasonable assumption that the other store is on hard times due to the upcharges, or just run poorly) Why did you in any mind give him your password?!?!?!

Comment

[MENTION=18805]Shane[/MENTION]
      THERE IS A CURE! You can turn off Windows 10's option that installs drivers at start up and at updates. I read about it on the Elite Dangerous forums.

By the way, Shane, my weekend is grand as well. I believe one of my cards is going bad or drivers are all messed up. I think I will end up wiping my laptop and my desktop while doing the job of wiping my mother's infected laptop.

Just waiting to see if things will work out soon.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Man, I drove up to Gainesville and watched FL beat TN in a pretty exciting game that came down to the wire. Hung out with my nephew who drove down from Knoxville, and generally had a really good time. No fisticuffs for me, although I heard my nephew almost got into it with some TN fan (somehow he managed to get tickets in the TN section, LOL) and so he was asked to leave that section. HAHA
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          My day was grand. Got my internet set-up and am 'thiiiiis close' to setting up my computer finally! :P

About that wall o text. That is pretty rough - I assume your second store was still a local one? (Also its probably a reasonable assumption that the other store is on hard times due to the upcharges, or just run poorly) Why did you in any mind give him your password?!?!?!
          The pw was just to login to windows, different from everything else I use. I had second thoughts before I even entered the store because it was computer repair/ tanning salon.
          [MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION] I ended up doing just that, and good luck with all that fun time ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            I had second thoughts before I even entered the store because it was computer repair/ tanning salon.

Yeah, that is an odd combo of stores!

Comment

I know the feeling. I had a terrible time with computers between 1990 and 2010. My current rig (my first DIY build) is incredibly stable.

Right now I am having exam-prep rage. 10 PM and still working on the last of three multiple choice mid terms.

Next week I shall transmit the feels to my students . . .
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X