Nuclear Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Response

Washington has said it is prepared to use nuclear weapons if necessary to respond to any attack with weapons of mass destruction (WMD) against itself or its allies.

We have all heard this before but just what does it mean? God forbid some terrorist gets ahold of and uses WMD - but who or what would we nuke? I mean really - what would the targets be?

Re: Nuclear Response

Originally posted by Darkstar68
    Washington has said it is prepared to use nuclear weapons if necessary to respond to any attack with weapons of mass destruction (WMD) against itself or its allies.

We have all heard this before but just what does it mean? God forbid some terrorist gets ahold of and uses WMD - but who or what would we nuke? I mean really - what would the targets be?
    Anyone. Everyone. It all depends on where the first strike comes from.

Comment

The opinion to fact ratio in this thread should be very interesting to observe.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        The opinion to fact ratio in this thread should be very interesting to observe.
        I'm guessing it's going to be low. :icon_lol:

Comment

OK I'll start with a fact: It depends.

Here's another one: nobody knows.

Finally: if anyone does know, they aren't saying.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            Anyone. Everyone. It all depends on where the first strike comes from.
            Yep thats my opinion.
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
              OK I'll start with a fact: It depends.

Here's another one: nobody knows.

Finally: if anyone does know, they aren't saying.
              I guess that's what makes it a tough question. IMO - I don't think we would ever respond nuclear because we could never prove that the attack was state sponsored.

Comment

I think you'd be surprised what people consider "proof" right after one of their cities gets nuked.
                Last edited by leejo; 09-14-2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

leejo-1 Darkstar68-0

Comment

Leejo FTW.

Comment

I say we have Leejo and Darkstar do some head to head Tic-Tac-Toe. Whoever wins is right.

Comment

More like...

The PERFECT way to settle this.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                          More like...

The PERFECT way to settle this.
                          What the hell? I guess this is why I stay out of the general forums.
                          P.S. I'm willing to bet we'll just launch at the PRC anyway because we can.
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                            Leejo FTW.
                            Naw man it's not like that. I just think that people have this notion that there's an international referee out there calling foul and making nations take time outs if they don't play by the rules. In fact, at the national level, there really are no rules other than you'd better be able to back it up.

China thumps on Nepal. Who cares? Who stops it? Russia invades many countries 50 years ago. Who cares? Who stops it?

The idea that anything other than our own decency would stop us from nuking a whole bunch of contries is a fable. I don't want us to nuke anyone but I also don't want to sit around and wait for someone to nuke us. In my book, 9/11 was big enough and we ought to be thumping more people a lot harder than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                              I say we have Leejo and Darkstar do some head to head Tic-Tac-Toe. Whoever wins is right.
                              I don't know if there is a right or wrong - I'm just asking the question. Let's say al qaeda claims responsibility for this attack. Who or what do we nuke? Do we turn the no-mans land between afghanistan and pakistan into a sheet of glass?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X