Serenity (a.k.a. the Firefly movie) Opens Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenity (a.k.a. the Firefly movie) Opens Friday

Anybody going to go see it? Personally I am.
    Absolutely!
    41.67%
    Absolutely Not!
    8.33%
    I'll have it on my PC by Friday Night
    12.50%
    Maybe
    37.50%

The poll is expired.

a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Serenity (a.k.a. the Firefly movie) Opens Friday

no links to the site or anything? Lame!

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

- -

Comment

I'll finish in a few days the nightly practice my friend introduced me to a couple of weeks ago: watching season one on DVD. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the season and am eagerly awaiting the film.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i'm still getting the show off bittorent and when it finishes i'll see if i can go see the movie. Sci-fi channel's been showing it and it's and awesome show.

---

Comment

Sci-Fi is running a marathon of it (firefly) as we speak. They're currently on Jaynestown (episode 6 of 13) from 6-7CST. Episode 7 starts at 7CST, etc.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Firefly is a great show...too bad fox got rid of it. I can't wait too see the movie and see how it expands the plot.

Comment

Absolutely! I held off on getting caught up on this series (via DVD since I never knew about it when it first aired)... but several geeky friends of mine that I trust (and who I proudly share the geek moniker with :madsmile: ) conviced me to check it out... 14 episodes is a lot easier to swallow than a whole normal season, let alone 2 or more had it run longer.

Needless to say, it's the best (IMO) SF series...*any* TV series for that matter... since Babylon 5.

So yeah... I'll be there! :row__631:

Comment

Nope.

If it was a Lexx movie I would though, because that show was badass.

Comment

Azzman I will hunt you down and see you.

I have heard very good things about this movie, although Shepherd Book supposedly has a greatly diminished role throughout the film. And Azz? There is supposed to be like a 20-30 minute lesbian scene at the end. No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    There is supposed to be like a 20-30 minute lesbian scene at the end. No joke.
                    Can I change my vote from "no" to "yes"?
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Can I change my vote from "yes" to "no"?
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                        Azzman I will hunt you down and see you.

I have heard very good things about this movie, although Shepherd Book supposedly has a greatly diminished role throughout the film. And Azz? There is supposed to be like a 20-30 minute lesbian scene at the end. No joke.
                        Well, from what I understand, book is involved as much as he ever is (which, if you pay really close attention to firefly, isn't really a whole lot, few lines here and there), but not much more about him is explained. On a guess it's just too much backstory to do as a side plot. I've also heard that Inara isn't really that involved either.

As for the 20-30 minute lesbian scene, I call BS on that, as it makes no sense whatsoever. If there was one, it'd be pimped by universal in all of the TV ads for the movie :D
                        Last edited by Spyder; 09-28-2005, 01:54 AM.

Comment

And on a related side note from lazy, fenix and my conversation about travel in the firefly universe. Apparently All of that is explained in the Exposition in the beginning of the movie, Why earth had to be abandonded, What kind of distances are involved between the planets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                            Well, from what I understand, book is involved as much as he ever is (which, if you pay really close attention to firefly, isn't really a whole lot, few lines here and there), but not much more about him is explained. On a guess it's just too much backstory to do as a side plot. I've also heard that Inara isn't really that involved either.

As for the 20-30 minute lesbian scene, I call BS on that, as it makes no sense whatsoever. If there was one, it'd be pimped by universal in all of the TV ads for the movie :D
                            You don't believe me? Too bad. "It's Kaylee and Inara, and let me tell you, it is hot. Sitting in a cinema with 400 sweaty fanboy geeks somewhat detracted from the experience, though. Also, Book and River find magic earrings which cause them to merge into a giant chinchilla, which subsequently vaporises Mal and impregnates Wash. Jeyne is eaten by a grue."
                            -Someone who SAW the MOVIE

Comment

=P

http://www.jivemagazine.com/article.php?pid=3725

Hour long panel interview from DragonCon with Adam Baldwin (Jayne) Jewel Staite (Kaylee) Ron Glass (Book) and Morena Baccarin (Inara). Basically an hour long interview session by the fans. No movie spoilers, just stuff like which cast member is most like their character, and what props the cast "liberated" after firefly was canceled.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X