X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political correctness is madder than ever

From The Scotsman :

Originally posted by The Scotsman
    In more news from the "political correctness gone mad" department, a West Yorkshire hospital has banned people from looking at new-born babies because - wait for it - it "infringes their human rights."

That's looking at them. Not smacking them, babynapping them or blowing smoke in their dribbly little faces. Looking at them. I don't remember where my right to have people not look at me is enshrined but I'll definitely be exercising it next time I do something stupid in public.

The villain of the piece is Debbie Lawson , neo-natal manager at Halifax's Calderdale Royal Hospital, who claims "most people cannot resist cooing over new babies..." (actually, most of us can resist) "...but we need to respect the child. Cooing should be a thing of the past because these are little people with the same rights as you or me"

No they're not! They can't drink, drive, vote or anything! They're bloody useless! And so is Ms Lawson's daft ban.
    Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Political correctness is madder than ever

WOW THAT IS JUST STUPID!! Oh and Root by the way, people SHOULDN'T be allowed to look at you in public :P .

Comment

I've edited your quote to reflect how I believe you meant it.

Originally posted by Phantom
      Oh and Root by the way, people shouldn't be forced to look at YOU in public :P .
      What a state of affairs, when I have to take the mickey out of myself because others can't do it right :D

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

That is downright idiotic. It's quite possibly the stupidest thing of the year.

Comment

Yes! Now I can get people in trouble at school for staring at me!
          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Bah, you're not in The United Britanland! Maybe that actually says soemthing of credibility about America?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X