X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter fans: Your hero is gay

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/10/0...eut/index.html

Originally posted by CNN
    "I didn't set out to offend. I'm a priest and I'm very careful about not offending people."
    Except, apparently, when it comes to gays.

For our UK fellas here, though, I'm curious. What is the deal with this "Little Britain" show that the priest talks about, and would 12 year olds actually be that audience? From what little I've found on the net, it looks like a late night show that young kids probably aren't watching.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Harry Potter fans: Your hero is gay

All I have to say is "WHY?"

That's pretty damn... gay.

Comment

Harry Potter may or may not be gay, but Frodo would beat him like an effeminate red-headed stepchild

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
        Harry Potter may or may not be gay, but Frodo would beat him like an effeminate red-headed stepchild
        Now THAT was gay! Reminds me of your old avatar even!

Comment

I need two avatars. One cannot contain the depth and bredth of the leejo.

Anyhoo, when my hairy (foot) knuckled midget is sticking his foot up your wand-waving rent-boy's patootie, axe me again who's pitching and who's catching around here.

Comment

Little Britain is a really odd comedy sketch show.

In one sketch there is a gay Welsh guy who is convinced he is 'The only gay in the village' even though most of the village is homosexual. "The only gay in the village" is one of his catch phrases. Little Britain is funny but its really......wierd....

Comment

so maybe the priest was saying Harry Potter is dime a dozen and not making any comment at all on Master Potter's penchant for buggery?

Comment

It sounds really gay.

Like it actually promotes being gay, to understand the jokes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                  Little Britain is a really odd comedy sketch show.

In one sketch there is a gay Welsh guy who is convinced he is 'The only gay in the village' even though most of the village is homosexual. "The only gay in the village" is one of his catch phrases. Little Britain is funny but its really......wierd....
                  So is it something that 12 year old children would normally watch or understand a reference to?
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Well....they shouldn't but I'm sure a few of them will know. The DVD or video would be rated '15'. I don't know the US equivilant.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                      So is it something that 12 year old children would normally watch or understand a reference to?
                      Clearly the truth about the standard of parenting in this country remains a secret to the outside world. Sure 12 year olds watch this. Hell kids younger than that watch it.

Oh and it isn't that funny a show either.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Equivelant would probably be "PG-13" here, PG meaning parental guidiance. Parental Guidiance meaning anyone can see them :P.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X