Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Americans?

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/002454.html

I heard that this is an Australian show. Please tell me that this is a fake. If not, I can't say I'm too surprised. Our education system SUCKS.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: Stupid Americans?

Jesus Christ almighty. I realize there aren't more people like that than there are intelligent Americans, but that's just sickeningly sad.

Comment

Heh, CNNNN canes. I remember one bit where they got a schoolboy choir to go and mock the leader of one party just after he lost the election.

The talk about geography reminds me of 2 American friends of my dad, who came to Sydney briefly. Our family took them out to a beach. On arrival, the husband looked up and said "Wow, that sun is bright! It sure looks different to the one we have back home."
      He was completely serious, and didn't realise why we all cracked up laughing.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
        From personal experience (present company excepted, I love you guys) Americans are notoriously crap at Geography.
        I think it may be because we're much less traveled, too? I don't know about Australians, but Europeans and Asians all tend to travel the world and see world geography first hand. Americans tend to travel the country and see American geography first hand...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Travel inside Australia isn't that popular, except to go up and down the coastlines to the awesome beaches. However, there does tend to be a fairly large culture of young Aussie student backpackers travelling across Asia, due to its close proximity to Oz.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            I think it may be because we're much less traveled, too? I don't know about Australians, but Europeans and Asians all tend to travel the world and see world geography first hand. Americans tend to travel the country and see American geography first hand...
            So true, I have only been out of the country once and that was only half way across the ocean to Bermuda. I haven't even been to Canada and it is only a few hours away. It is very expensive for us to travel overseas so most of us are only lucky enough to do it once or twice in our lifetime so we stick to traveling around North America.

p.s.- I heard their was two moons in Australia, is it true? :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
              p.s.- I heard their was two moons in Australia, is it true? :icon_razz
              Yep, one for cheese farming, the other one we rent out to any intergalactic visitors who happen to be passing by :D

|TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

sad but true...alot of americans dont realize that the war of 1812 was not the american revolution....so uou can imagine how many people dont know geography

USA USA USA!
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  sad but true...alot of americans dont realize that the wear of 1812 was not the american revolution....so uou can imagine how many people dont know geography

USA USA USA!
                  Truer words were never ritten.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                    Travel inside Australia isn't that popular, except to go up and down the coastlines to the awesome beaches. However, there does tend to be a fairly large culture of young Aussie student backpackers travelling across Asia, due to its close proximity to Oz.

nah they arent "backpacking" they are trying to figure out what to do with there criminals, they figure it worked for britain.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Americans travel a lot in their big cars but often stay in their big houses filled with shiny things: we spend our money differently.

Also, Americans tend to take fewer and shorter vacations. That doesn't explain the ignorance but on the other hand I wonder how many Europeans know the 2nd runner up on American Idol? Hmmm?

Comment

That looked like the boardwalk at Venice Beach, California, it's a typical Southern California freakshow.
                        "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Well, the news surely didn't report all the people they asked. I am pretty sure the results shown are that of 100 or more. But it still doesn't change the fact that the education system is failing in the U.S. to cater to all the intellectually handicapped.

Comment

It's pretty much a given that Americans are poor at geography overall. Prior to college, I only had one geography class in junoir high, and the culmination of that was being able to name the continents (name, not label). In college, I had a world geography course, but it mainly focussed on the low-wage labor in one or two third world countries.

I'm not well-traveled, and probably will never leave the US. But I have a general idea of where everything is in the world at least at the country level, if not the city. I might not be able to point out Imstickystan at the drop of a hat, but I certainly wouldn't point to Australia and call it France.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

That's why i love world domination games, you learn geography and history!

I had good geography classes in high school and even had to memorize country capitals.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X