• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO cops beat man and reporter, get caught on tape

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/10/ta....ap/index.html

Sad.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: NO cops beat man and reporter, get caught on tape

I wouldn't want to be a cop in NOLA right now either, honestly.

Comment

i know a lot of cops they dont just go out beating people. i love it when the media twists things and makes the good people look bad...i also love how they make sure to state that the officers where white and the man was black.....my personal opinion its not the reporters job to even be down there...the police are busting their butts to take back a city that has had more crap go wrong..uncalled for by the media
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

It's uncalled for the media to call out when a cop beats two innocent people for no reason? :row__636:

-edit- lol, love how the cop on the horse is trying to block the cameraman from capturing it on tape.
        Last edited by Enigma; 10-10-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I do not retract my previous statement, it remains true- but you know what?

Those cops had no right to do that to that guy. He didn't try and kill someone, he was drunk. If you looked at the second video you saw the man laying in his own blood, and when trying to move out of it he just got kicked back over multiple times.

No one who accordingly did nothing deserves that.

Comment

The media loves sensationalizing and slanting stories (even video) in order to gain audience. However, there's nothing worse than a police officer that betrays the public trust.

I don't yet know which this incident is an example of...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

All things aside, it's a glaring example of complete stupidity. Beating a man down could possibly (though I don't necessarily condone it) be construed as subduing someone who was fighting back. But jacking a reporter on the sidelines? No way out of that one.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                All things aside, it's a glaring example of complete stupidity. Beating a man down could possibly (though I don't necessarily condone it) be construed as subduing someone who was fighting back. But jacking a reporter on the sidelines? No way out of that one.
                Yeah, if he was going to do that, he needed to make sure that he actually got the video out of the camera! :row__631:
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I hope all thoes cops involved do some jail time and end up getting punked every night by bald headed John.

There needs to be a public database of bad cops with every aspect of thier lives and familys revealed. Then make them go door to door to inform thier neghbors that thier violent egomaniacs with a gun.

Comment

NO cops have been amongst the most corrupt in the nation for over a decade, so something like this needs to be publicized.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      NO cops have been amongst the most corrupt in the nation for over a decade, so something like this needs to be publicized.
                      Isn't that what's happening?
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

The media does twist things. Who knows. He could have shot three people and police were just informed and went to take care of it. The media can leave as much as they want out.

Comment

Originally posted by canyouhearmenow7
                          The media does twist things. Who knows. He could have shot three people and police were just informed and went to take care of it. The media can leave as much as they want out.
                          That attitude borders on paranoia, and although I'm an eager proponent of a healthy level of paranoia, there comes a point of no return. The Department obviously feels that there is wrongdoing involved, since all the cops involved were indicted on battery. Good for them.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

The point is, the cops did that in the first place which was morally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                              That attitude borders on paranoia, and although I'm an eager proponent of a healthy level of paranoia, there comes a point of no return. The Department obviously feels that there is wrongdoing involved, since all the cops involved were indicted on battery. Good for them.
                              It would be nice if that were always the case, but we all know (or should) that politics plays a part in things like this. If it's politically expedient to throw these officers under the bus, do you really think that management won't do so? Especially in a department already known for corruption? I'm not saying that this is the case, it certainly doesn't appear to be so, but it's always a possibility.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you! :icon_cool

Anyone have a link to a good copy of the video?
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X