Ringtones and justifiable homocide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringtones and justifiable homocide

Ok, since I am in the mood to be irritable at work, let me make my first post in The Sandbox into an open question. There is a high cellphone presence at my office. Most people behave reasonably, given the open environment, but some don't seem to get it. Default ringtones played loudly are offensive, but some people take it to a much higher level...

Would deadly force be an appropriate response to:
    The background music from Super Mario
    Oh Christmas Tree (year 'round)

(there are others, but I these are the ones I've noticed today)
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Ringtones and justifiable homocide

Mario hell no. You should be enjoying mario. Well atleast I would since i grew up on super mario. Chirstmas tree I will let deadly force slide.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Boom, headshot.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by icky
        Ok, since I am in the mood to be irritable at work, let me make my first post in The Sandbox into an open question. There is a high cellphone presence at my office. Most people behave reasonably, given the open environment, but some don't seem to get it. Default ringtones played loudly are offensive, but some people take it to a much higher level...

Would deadly force be an appropriate response to:
        The background music from Super Mario
        Oh Christmas Tree (year 'round)

(there are others, but I these are the ones I've noticed today)
        Cellphone usage in general is punishable by deadly force.

I can't tell you how many times I've been trapped in the T with some self important cow yelling into some cell. Like anyone really cares. Is your life so empty that you have to trumpet your importance to someone in the middle of the rush hour commute?

Same thing with Blackberries. I have a friend, addicted to the thing. We go out for drinks, he's got his Blackberry. I want to shoot him. I mean, really, what is so effing important that you need your Blackberry on you at 10PM on a Satruday night?

How about turning off the damn things, and actually connecting to what is going on around you?

Comment

Oh, Christmas Tree would be okay if they would add more cowbell.
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more Christmas Tree.

Comment

Xmas music should be illegal before Thanksgiving.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What about mock Xmas music? That can be allowed any time.

For my cell, when I get it, I'm going to TRY and find some Cryptopsy ringtones. That won't be easy, I bet...

Comment

I was in a Radioshack recently and the store employee asked me, "Who is your cellphone carrier?" I told him, "I don't have one, I'm anti-technology." He said, "Oh."
                  I figured he was trying to cell me (<--- hehe) a new phone.

I do have a phone and I do have a "music" ringtone, "Beverly Hills" by Weezer.....

My pet peeve is people who are trying to read or send a text message while driving our Southern California freeways.......
                  "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    Xmas music should be illegal before Thanksgiving.
                    And after Christmas.

Comment

What about Xmas lights? I leave mine out for like a month.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                        What about Xmas lights? I leave mine out for like a month.
                        Bah, I just unplug 'em ;) Not really, I can't be arsed to put them up in the first place.
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Did I say lights? I meant the tree.

We don't have enough lights to cover the house, otherwise it would look like a friggin runway.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            Mario hell no. You should be enjoying mario. Well atleast I would since i grew up on super mario.
                            Think RINGTONE, don't think fun game from long ago. It is a short and loud clip of the song, played randomly throughout the day in an otherwise quiet office.
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Does it sound like it did in the games or is it just some annoying whateverphonic noise that vaguely resembles the Mario theme?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X