Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, Smurfs :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in933310.shtml

New anti-war ad from UNICEF, aimed at preventing war from affecting the lives of children. Video is on the right side, just a tad down.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Goodbye, Smurfs :(

Why in hell is someone wasting charity money on a totally useless ad? I find it hard to donate to charities when I know they are going to burn the money. I mean get serious. How many people in the world are there whose opinion about killing people is going to be changed by a TV ad?

As for the delivery of the message, can anyone name a place in the world where smurf-like innocence has suddenly been torn apart by falling bombs? I sure can't think of one. Baby Smurf should be portrayed as a starving child living in a ditch outside of one of Papa Smurf's palaces.

(if this turns into a for/against war debate, I'm not taking part :) )
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

How could they bomb a hottie like Smurfette??? :icon15:
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by icky
        Baby Smurf should be portrayed as a starving child living in a ditch outside of one of Papa Smurf's palaces.
        Correct, especially on the above account. That's a very.. innacurate video.

Comment

It's presented as an anti-war video but I believe it's an anti-USA video. How many civil wars involve fighter-bombers?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            How many civil wars involve fighter-bombers?
            According to McDonald Douglas: All the good ones.

Comment

I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying it's going to do a lot more to turn world opinion against USA actions than stopping a civil war in Africa.

Comment

IIRC Smurfette was the only female smurf. If they bomb her then the smurf species will become extinct :(

SAVE THE SMURFS!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
                  IIRC Smurfette was the only female smurf. If they bomb her then the smurf species will become extinct :(

SAVE THE SMURFS!
                  Not to mention think about the past man! One female smuf? With that many male smurfs? Oh MAN.

Comment

Didnt you all see Donnie Darko? Smurfs dont ****. When one of them dies, that smurf is dead. Geez. The makers of Donnie Darko even called up the Smurf creators and the creators pretty much agreed.

nubs

Comment

Wasn't Smurfette created by the bad guy? Technically it was an all male community until she was created by the bad guy.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

It looks like Gargamel finnaly won.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                          Wasn't Smurfette created by the bad guy? Technically it was an all male community until she was created by the bad guy.

Man, that's really gay. Like literally.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            it's true...Smurfette was created by Gargamel to infiltrate the smurfs...but she was won over by their goodness.

i came by this information by one of two ways:

1) they mentioned this in Donnie Darko (cited above...great flick!!)

2) the missus puts iron-on Smurfette's on each of her back pockets. occasionally. and she must've said something on the subject.

but i don't recall my source, exactly...

Comment

In one of my senior reproductive classes in college, we had an exam question that theorized a colony of little people that were all male, except for a single one that displayed female characteristics and genetalia. We were asked to define the genetic disease, which was androgen insensitivity syndrome (the person is genetically male, but cannot process androgen and thus develops female physical characteristics).

None of us thought much of it until later on, when the professor went over the question and revealed that he was talking about the smurfs. We all had one hell of a laugh.

So there you go. Smurfette isn't female, he's just got a big genetic disorder.
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X