World Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series

I can't believe it. My Houston Astros are going to the World Series. I suffered through watching them lose night after night at the beginning of this baseball season and thought this season was a wash. I'm still stunned. I just can't believe it. I've been a huge baseball fan since moving to Houston. I watched them fall one game short of the World Series last year and was at the game Monday to watch them blow a 2-run lead in the ninth inning. I was expecting they would blow it again Wednesday night all the way up until they clinched. This is the first World Series berth in the 40 year history of the Houston Astros. Anyway, it's a great moment for me as a fan.

Re: World Series

What is this "World Series" you speak of? Does it contain the Bahston Rouge Underfootwear, or the Nuevo York Damn Yankees? No? Then what good is it? :icon_lol:

Comment

No. Thank God it's just some cheap mid-market franchises. Lol. I love it when the underdog wins.

At the beginning of the year when the White Sox were trampling the rest of their division with hard-nosed pitching and low scoring games a lot of the "experts" said it wouldn't last. That the White Sox didn't have a good enough lineup, etc. People even in Houston had pronounced our season in Houston dead, with a big gravestone on the front page of the Houston Chronicle sports section that said "R.I.P. Houston" when we were 15 games under .500 at the end of May.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        What is this "World Series" you speak of? Does it contain the Bahston Rouge Underfootwear, or the Nuevo York Damn Yankees? No? Then what good is it? :icon_lol:
        Boston sucks. Yankees rock. Sorry to anyone from Bostom but I'm from NY and thats how i roll :p.

---

Comment

My two favorite teams are the Cards and Astros. Cards played like crap (ref sure didn't help either), but I'm rooting for the Astros to win.

It could be a great sports year for Texas:
          Spurs NBA champs
          UT NCAA baseball champs
          UT NCAA football champs?
          Astros MLB champs?

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I haven't returned to baseball since the strike.
            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
              It could be a great sports year for Texas:
              Spurs NBA champs
              Whoa there fella. My beloved Knickerboxers won't be competitive, but I think some gentlemen from Miami and Detroit want to see you about your prediction. :D

Comment

I think he's referring to the 2005 championship already in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                  I think he's referring to the 2005 championship already in the bag.
                  Yep. The next championship won't be until summer next yr.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
                    Boston sucks. Yankees rock. Sorry to anyone from Bostom but I'm from NY and thats how i roll :p.
                    I'm from NY. I live in Boston. I still don't understand what everyone gets all excited about :)

Comment

Well we're all kinda bumming down here in Houston. Anyone know where I can find this video?

Comment

you have a cupple of Red Sox fans on the forums here, and lots of people live in New England so lets not go of on a tangent here. i only saw the beginning of the game last night so im not sure even who's winning, but i think the Sox are up.

Comment

White Sox in 4

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                            I'm from NY. I live in Boston. I still don't understand what everyone gets all excited about :)
                            I'm on the D line....Longwood to be exact. Every single home game, I feel like an extra in Fever Pitch.

Good thing I'm not armed. :icon12:

Comment

orz, the 'stros are sucking it up. Although they really should have won game 2. Game 1 certainly belonged to the sox, and I didn't get to watch game 3 ><;;

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X