• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expect you to die, Mr. Bond

The new Bond may have killed himself off before he even began:

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...source=PA&ct=5
    New Bond: I hate guns

Re: I expect you to die, Mr. Bond

I guess it's ok to make alot of money wielding handguns in a movie though, huh. =sarcasm=

Comment

what a shame..where sean connery when you need him.(the best bond ever)
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre Six
        I guess it's ok to make alot of money wielding handguns in a movie though, huh. =sarcasm=
        Don't you know it's okay to abandon your values for money? Jeez, I thought everyone learned this early on.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

i think i learnd that in the second grade right after my ethics class.....and before gym
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            what a shame..where sean connery when you need him.(the best bond ever)
            :icon14: :icon14: What he said.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Craig's a great actor, as anyone who's seen the most excellent Layer Cake can attest.

If Bruce Willis said he didn't like robbing banks, would you accuse him of being a sell out for his role in "Bandits"? If Christopher Walken said that in the battle of Good and Evil, he would side with Good, would you accuse him of sacrificing his beliefs for, well, every role he's had?

Let's just say that reality is one thing, and fiction another. This news story does get high marks on the irony meter, but serious discussion gets even higher marks on the silly meter.

Comment

Sorry professor! I thought we were ragging on the new James Bond actor, not engaging in discussion of actors' ethics.

Sean Connery rocked. Pierce Brosnan rocked (and shall return?). This guy needs to shut his pretty yap and smack some biznitch spies around a few times before we need to hear what he thinks about anything.

Comment

Well if you had watched Layer Cake you would have seen him smacking up some druglords and getting it on with other people's wives.
                  Then again, before entering Her Majesty's Secret Service, Brosnan could boast about his role as the stepdad on Mrs. Doubtfire... and not much else.

The last James Bond movie I saw was bits and pieces of Goldeneye, but with Craig classing it up I am genuinely interested in watching the new one.

And as far as "...before we need to hear what he thinks about anything."- well, given that you posted it here...

Comment

Exsqueese me? Remington Steele anyone?

Pierce Brosnan was also replacing Timothy Dalton, so Richard Simmons might have been good enough.

Smacking up druglords and getting it on with other peoples' wives, huh? OK I'll give him a shot.

BTW all Bond movies are stupid, but the last thing any of them need is "classing up". That's what George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton did and both were horrible at the role. Connery and Brosnan "got" the role: James Bond is an archetype and doesn't need or want to be modified in any way. It would be like having John Wayne cry 'till snot came out his nose to show his human side. No-one needs or wants to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                      It would be like having John Wayne cry 'till snot came out his nose to show his human side. No-one needs or wants to see that.
                      Or having Darth Vader be some kid that never stops whining.
                      Oh man, why does Hollywood insist on making (pre/)sequels?

Comment

Nor does the 37-year-old share Bond's love of Martinis shaken and stirred.
                        Wtf... It's shaken NOT stirred
                        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Im a roger moore guy...loved that Live and Let die...da da da....da da da...da...da.da.da...

oh and jane seymour...to die for
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I used to sort of like Bond movies, but now I can't stand them. Same gimmicks every time. A car that shoots missles, a laser beam watch, a pen dart gun, etc. Boring.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                              I used to sort of like Bond movies, but now I can't stand them. Same gimmicks every time. A car that shoots missles, a laser beam watch, a pen dart gun, etc. Boring.
                              You must be young. As you get older you'll find that you'll do things like watch "Battle of the Bulge" every time it's on, even though it's obviously filmed in So. Cal and there is no snow. The Green Berets is classic in the same way. Ah the high tension wires and desert scrub of the 'Nam.

It's either that or give up the remote for "Vaccum these Carpets" on the House Cleaning Network.

Same with any Bond movie. I watch 'em every time they're on. The old ones anyway. Buy a ticket? Hell no!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X