Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Stearing Car On Sale SOON

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...838468,00.html

I had no idea this technology was actually getting to the point of public consumption. I knew lots of people have tested it under controlled circumstances, but here it is going into the wild! WOW.

Re: Self Stearing Car On Sale SOON

Oh hell yes! I see many consequence-free drunk-driving nights in my future. Yay technology!

Comment

While cool and all, I can pretty much get the same effect out of cruise control, since this system shuts down if your hands leave the steering wheel for 10 seconds.

What's the point of a self-steering car if you can't leave your hands free to do other things, like read a book, make a sandwich, or flip off neighboring motorists with both hands instead of one?
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Heh. true. It's probably more about the lawyers than the technology(the 10 second rule). But for 10 glorious seconds at a time, you can do whatever you want with BOTH hands!

Wonder how long it'll take to rig something up to similute your hands holding the wheel...

Comment

Jeeze, as if working on your own car wasn't hard enough.. Soon, you're going to need a degree in Electical Engineering just to change the oil.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Given the number of people I've seen take both hands off the wheel when they DONT have self-steering cars, I have to say I would like to see the 10-second alarm system retrofitted into current cars :)

Comment

My little brother once drove a car load of his sleeping frat brothers back to school while pretending to be asleep (head back, open mouth, looking at the road while squinting through the passenger side eye). He had people honking, waving, practically ramming him on the interstate trying to "wake" him.

This device would steal all the funny.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X