Through my extensive studies..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through my extensive studies..

Of electronics, I believe that we are all robots made by an intelligently higher race.

For instance, I saw a commercial on the tube the other day that stated that everything that lives has a pulse. This is true, but to what extent.

Everything that runs on electricity has a pulse, be it DC or AC. Frequencies are what control the electricity, and in many instances are what creates it.

Take, for example, our heart beat. Now, compare this to the crystal oscillator in your computer that puts out a (standard) 133MHz pulse. This pulse tells your computer how fast the mother board(nervous system) can run maximum. The processor(your brain) has a multiplier on it that takes the frequency from the mother board and multiplies it by X amount creating the frequency that your computer(body) runs at.

If by chance the mother board, processor, or any of the components makes a mistake within your computer, it shuts down(blacks out).

On a second note, your body is made of two main things: water and electricity. Take the engine for example. When you start your car(wake up), a lot of things occur, but I only want to touch on a few. When you give your car gas, the engine moves pistons(muscles) which are lubricated by oil(water in your body) which, in turn, moves the axle(legs) which makes the wheels(feet) turn and move the car(human) down the road.

I have given you two instances where technological intelligence(computer), and mechanical muscle(car) compare to humans.

So, let's concider the possibility that the human being is a robot. My evidence is as follows:

First -- You wake up(boot the PC or start the car)
    Second -- You walk(move the wheels)
    Third -- You speak to other people(process things with your brain that other people say)
    Fourth -- You use the bathroom(drain used fluid and remove harmful waste and buildup that may cause the human[robot] to overheat or malfunction)
    Fifth -- You consume food(recharge your used power supply for later use)
    Sixth -- You fall asleep(shut down to let the body[robot] repair itself internally)

This all makes sense in such a sick way to me that it's insane. You may not see it the way that I do, but honestly, I am starting to concider an even greater possibility than the Bible and etc.

We would do it if we had the technology and the opprotunity. Imagine creating your own race...

Would that not be awesome?

I know what you're thinking. What about the soul?

My thoughts is that we are really some sort of alien race controlling robots on a different planet(Earth).

If the human race had the technology that I'm sure some other race does, we would in fact attempt the things that we know we cannot do. We would control the weather, observe the advances of the robot race we created, and make sure to control everything they do.

It's a possibility, hell, who knows?

[edit]You all know that it's crazy how things happen over night. I know I've woken up from a killer cold the next day all better with no medicine. It happens every day to everyone. Stop being so close minded and concider things.

Every instant, someone dies. And every instant, someone is born. Imagine your computer dying on you and you having to go and play your games somewhere else. It's as simple as that. We're really all the same people, we just don't know it.

No, I'm not crazy. No, I don't fully believe this. And no, I do not worship Zppphzis the Mechanical God. I'm simply stating that it is most definately possible in my eyes, and wondering if it is in anyone else's.

If you have ever, in your life, taken an electronics course, chances are you've realized the same things. I discuss this daily with my friends at college.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Through my extensive studies..

Deluze & Guattari published a book that essentially called humans "eat, coupulate, deficate" machines pretty much along those lines. I forget which one it was.

Functionally, there is little difference between machines and man. Electrical and chemical processes giving off waste products and heat.

Comment

I've known toasters who made more sense than this thread. There is little difference between a stapler, Joan Rivers, and the space shuttle if you dumb down your criteria enough.

I saw it in a book called something or other. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
        I've known toasters who made more sense than this thread.
        That's the whole point- that toaster is ME!

Comment

Menards guy, Bob Barker. Two prime examples of robots that look like people.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
            I discuss this daily with my friends at college.
            I know that you don't have cereal in your bowl! :p

Cogito ergo sum. I think therefore I am. That is why humans are different than machines.
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

I think it's real.

I mean, I have my own set of religious beliefs, and we won't go there today, but there really is no better explination.

Take into concideration yourself. Most of us like to joke around and kid and etc., and some of us take it to a limit that it should not be taken to. Concider if you were 25ish and you lived in Jesus' days, so to speak. I don't have an exact date, so that's why I use that term. Let's say you and your pals have too much ale to drink and decide to make a book. "This shall be the funniest thing in history." Can you picture yourself doing exactly the same thing to a friend or group of friends of yours?

Blam, the Bible is born. A bunch of non-sense that was just a joke. But, for some reason, everyone liked it. Everyone who read it liked it so much that they built their life around it. Suddenly, you have God and Jesus and people that may not have ever exsisted roaming around the world. Go back to Elvis. He might as well have been hailed as a God. People loved him so much that they tried to do everything like him. He was the king of rock n' roll. Hips swayed and other things jiggled that shouldn't. The world was changed by his role in history, and we all know this.

Now, today, there are fat guys walking around who look like Elvis. "Hey, I saw Elvis at the mall today." This is all garbage and we all know it, but the only reason we do is because it was proven that he does not exsist any more.

The Bible itself has never been disproven because no one has ever been able to. It's physically impossible to disprove the Bible's words and we all know this.

What I don't understand is the Bible has said things that should have happened years ago and never have, yet people still build a life around it.

My fiance told me last night that she was going to leave me because when we get married and have kids she wants to take them to church and raise them in a church and I don't believe in that. If that isn't proof enough that the Bible packs such a punch on the human race, then I don't know what is. It's enough to destroy someone's life, and that, I believe, is rediculas.

Everyone says the Bible itself is the word of God, but who actually knows? They send preachers to school to learn the word of God and no one really knows if it is really the word or not. I understand it's a belief built structure, but why believe in a structure that has no foundation.

I believe there is a higher being, sure. I even believe that that higher being has the power to control who dies, when they die, how they die, the weather, and everything else inside this world we live in today. My point is not that there is no higher being, but a greater technology behind all of this, and all of us.

It is entirely possible that we are all robots, and I'm not going to leave that out of my concideration.

Anyway, I don't want this post to conform to flames or posts about religions. I want people to speak up about their beliefs and broaden my horizon of possibilities.

-Mom
              Last edited by Yer Mom; 10-25-2005, 03:46 PM.
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                Cogito ergo sum. I think therefore I am. That is why humans are different than machines.
                But what is thinking? What is a brain function that no one can explain? The only close explination I've found about this is that your brain "processes" information that is entered into it.

Who says that a computer doesn't think? It does, it just does it in a different way than humans.

Same goes for animals. How do they think? Do they have that wierd voice in their head that everyone assumes is themselves? Or is it all in a bunch of jibberish that neither the animal, nor the scientist can understand yet?

In the book "Hitchhikers of the Galaxy", Douglas Adams (the author) prints that dolphins are actually an alien race who are super-intelligent beings trying to share information with us and we just never understood them. Then, when our planet is about to be destroyed, they simply... fly away.

We don't know that this isn't true, because we cannot understand what dolphins are squeaking about. So, how do we know that EVERYTHING does not think, or live for that matter?

Now, by everything, I do not mean plastic or glass, or etc.. I mean everything organic. Trees are living just as much as humans are, why can they not think? Why can grass not think? It acts, works, and lives just as we humans do, yet it cannot think?

Being alive and speaking tie into each other. We, as humans, overlook a lot of things' life because it does not speak to us. We trample over grass and forests like they were simply an object in our way, yet we feel bad when something tramples over us. We catch and eat Tuna, but when a dolphin is killed in the process of us murdering several thousand other fish, we get upset and decide to "do something about it." How would we treat an enemy at our doorsteps? I've found the cause of all disease in the world... humans. The disease has always been here, but we bring it to life. The use of anti-bacterial soap in the United States is actually making us MORE sick than we already are, because all of the diseases that we fear so much already exsist in the air that we breath and the skin that we wear. Yes, you have HIV sitting on your arm. We treat our world as if it were something made just for us, and we expect it not to react harshly, while our planet is at the verge of kicking us out. Global warming is like a nuclear weapon sitting just above our heads waiting for us to screw up worse than we already have. The variety of life on this planet tells me that things do live and think just as we do. How else could some animals be so docile, yet at the same time, the same species of animal be vicious.

"I think, therefore I am," tells me that someone had their head up their backside when they were thinking, and therefore being.

Eh... thinking is just an action, and until our great minds of the world come up with an explination as to how and why humans, and everything else, think... I will not concider myself any better than anything that "cannot think".

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Sorry, you are wrong:

www.timecube.com

Comment

Dood, let me lay some serious advice on you. Print this last post and frame it. Put it in a closet. Drag it out in 10 years and hang it on your office, cube, or van wall.

There is roughly the same probability that dolphins are super intelligent/we are actually robots/anyone cares as that monkeys will fly out of my butt to signal the coming rapture. Yes, it's possible. No, it's not deep thinking. Crank the Deep Purple, and enjoy your chats with the college friends, but do yourself a favor and keep it in the dorm room.

We've all been there man.

Comment

I've known toasters who made more sense than this thread. There is little difference between a stapler, Joan Rivers, and the space shuttle if you dumb down your criteria enough.

I saw it in a book called something or other. ;)
                      I'm not shure you have to dumb down your criteria much for the stapler and Joan Rivers :D.

---

Comment

I was sticking up for the shuttle.

Comment

Your crazy man. I have been thinking about stuff like this lately. I never really belived in the afterlife...that scares me to say it. I can actually recal a time when I was 4 when I asked my mother what happens when you die, and she said "you go to heaven." Now that I look back on it I was pondering true nothingness. I was thinking of my version of the afterlife. I remember then that at the time my "stomach hurt," now having the same recurring feeling I can say it was fear. I am afraid of death, a lot. I think I have gotten over that fear somewhat now. I am not saying its a bad thing to raise your kids by teaching them religion. its a really good philosophy on life, and at times I wish I believed to prevent the feeling of nothingness that I get sometimes, lately its been happening a lot. You should write a book. I mean, when you're dead someone will read it and say "wow, this guy knew what he was talking about," and from then on you will live eternaly.

Good luck with the fiance, I didn't know you were ingaged. It is interesting what is important to us in our lives, and if your love is stronger than religion, then it shouldn't get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                            Sorry, you are wrong:

www.timecube.com
                            Random, I really don't mean to be a prude person about this, but I read the first paragraph of that website and decided that it was a waste of my time.

Originally posted by Time Cube Website
                            You must attack the word bastards who preach
                            and teach singularity, a male only creation scam,
                            for any singularity brotherhood is mental slavery
                            that desecrates family, village and tribal opposites.
                            Americans are dumbass, educated stupid and evil
                            singularity fools. I will wager $10,000.00 that
                            within the Cubic embodiment of Nature, there are
                            4 simultaneous 24 hour days within a single rotation of Earth. Acknowledge the math below or go to hell.
                            This, in it's whole exsistance, shunned my brain in such a form that I felt no need at ALL to read the rest of the page.

Dood, let me lay some serious advice on you. Print this last post and frame it. Put it in a closet. Drag it out in 10 years and hang it on your office, cube, or van wall.

There is roughly the same probability that dolphins are super intelligent/we are actually robots/anyone cares as that monkeys will fly out of my butt to signal the coming rapture. Yes, it's possible. No, it's not deep thinking. Crank the Deep Purple, and enjoy your chats with the college friends, but do yourself a favor and keep it in the dorm room.

We've all been there man.
                            This, actually, offends me. I have been watching and studying myself and others since I was in Freshman Psychology in High School.

I'm not posting this because I'm whacked on drugs, and I'm definately not posting this to state that dolphins are super-intelligent. People, human beings, have wondered for decades if there really is a God, but no one in their right mind would speak it aloud for fear of blasphemy.

You, leejo, comrade of many fights, have not been where I am mentally, nor physically, so please, do not say that you have.

Hazing, acid tripping, or drinking does not indulge my daily brain activities, and neither does wondering on things that I feel are stupid.

The fact that you did not even take into concideration what I was saying and post a relatively interesting post on my topic offends me, and it also offends me that you would barely read what I posted and then respond with just brushing my post off your shoulder.

I asked for your belief, spiritual or not. I did NOT ask for you, nor anyone else, to post that I am "cranking the Deep Purple," and imply that I am simply "off my head on drugs in college."

Now, if anyone has anything useful they'd like to post, about their belief in God the Almighty, or whatnot, then please, feel free to.

But, if you are going to post your ignorance and disability to communicate with other people your opinion, then do NOT post on my thread.

-Mom
                            Yer Mom /O>

Comment

All I'm saying is print the posts, and save them.

And lighten up, Francis.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X