X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheehan's at it again

http://abcnews.go.com/US/IraqCoverag...ory?id=1242048

Originally posted by Sheehan from the article
    I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. and I'm going to give a speech at the White House, and after I do, I'm going to tie myself to the fence and refuse to leave until they agree to bring our troops home,

Didn't she say she wasn't going to leave Texas till she talked to GWB ? :row__637:

Re: Sheehan's at it again

I hope the bitch gets tackled by the Secret Service
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

BOOM Headshot, oops sorry.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
        I hope the bitch gets tackled by the Secret Service
        That's a bit much don't you think? Besides, nothing would help her cause more.

Comment

[email protected] thinking they my hook a 210 up to the fence and let her hang there....should be funny....ZAP!
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
            http://abcnews.go.com/US/IraqCoverag...ory?id=1242048

Didn't she say she wasn't going to leave Texas till she talked to GWB ? :row__637:
            We should probably call in the vultures before she withers away too much ;)

Comment

I too think we need to bring the troops home, but she is exactly the wrong person to be seen as any type of "spokesperson" for the anti-war effort. She turns the whole thing into a sideshow instead of a cause.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                I too think we need to bring the troops home, but she is exactly the wrong person to be seen as any type of "spokesperson" for the anti-war effort. She turns the whole thing into a sideshow instead of a cause.
                Yes, she does. She was labeled by a talk radio guy as a "political STD", and that's a very fitting description of her position in politics right now.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

its sad really to make this more about herself and her loss then the troops support..sad really. you may disagree with the war but you should atleast support the troops
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    Yes, she does. She was labeled by a talk radio guy as a "political STD", and that's a very fitting description of her position in politics right now.
                    I agree with both you and Tarpan.

Comment

I'm not necessarily anti-war, but I'm against the war in Iraq. However, I feel that if your nation has troops deployed who are in the firing line, you should support their effort and commitment. I'd like to see a little less activist stunts and more solid arguments presented to the people.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                      |TG-2nd|munchkin
                      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

On a politcal note, I don't like Bush in general.

Tax and healthcare cuts are outrageous. My family is suffering worse than we ever have because we all lost our health insurance. The entire state of Tennessee lost their health insurance. This wasn't our fault, either. And also, I can't entirely blame Bush, but it is mostly his fault. This war has cost us more than we can afford as a country. I'm not democratic, nor am I republican, I am intelligent. I vote for whoever I think can run this country the best and GWB is NOT the man for the job.

Why in the hell did you people vote for him? We could get a bum off the street and put him in office and he'd do a better job.

Sure, we were attacked. We had to retaliate, or we would suffer more attacks, but think about what's happening here. Two totally different cultures have slammed into one another, and the 3rd world end got jealous.

On 9-11, we lost more civilians than we ever should have, but that's no reason to through 2,000 more lives away. We have the technology to do things about this without going to war, yet we still go to war.

What I would've done to Saddam and Bin Laden or whatever was tracked them. I would have tracked their movements, the people they talked to, and their family, and whiped EVERY bit of them off the face of the Earth. Their wife(s), kids, relatives, everything. Then, I would've taken them and sat them in a room with all of those dead bodies and left them there to rot.

And by no means do I concider that harsh in any manner. Neither of them concidered our relatives, or kids, or friends or anything when they decided to hit on 9-11.

We don't retaliate the way we should. We go to war and lose more lives than we should when we could just end the entire thing with a few months of stalking and nightvision.

You know why Al Capone was so famous? Because he sent out a message. "You mess with me, you die.... period..."

I say we re-elect Clinton. He'd have his finger on a big red button with Lewinsky in his lap while he drank a beer.

-Mom
                        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Correction Yer Mom: Saddam had nothing to do with the 9-11 attacks. I wish people would realize that and stop being stupid.

Comment

Saddam had plenty to do with the 9-11 attacks. If you, Phantom, were to carry me to the bank down-town and I robbed it and murdered 16 people and then got back into your car and drove away with you, you would be concidered an accomplice.

Saddam harbored a terrorist, to his knowledge, and practically drove him to the WTC to blow them up.

Tell me he has nothing to do with it, and you will be the stupid one, Phantom.

-Mom
                            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I won't argue very strongly that SH had a direct connection to 9/11. But removing him was certainly part of the effort to ensure that 9/11 doesn't, and cannot, happen again. He was personally responsible for antagonizing and promoting the violence between Israel and the Palestinians, and his government was friendly to terrorists (Abu Nidal e.g.) and terrorist organizations. That government was precisely the sort that we need to remove from the face of the earth, with help if possible and alone if necessary. Plus, it's the right thing to do: he was a demon to his people.

Anyone who's been through several business-related ****storms knows that things don't go from horrible to awful, to bad, to decent, to ok, to good. They are horrible one minute and ok the next. Suddenly.

I think the same thing has just happened in Iraq. The constitution was voted into law. The Sunnis voted in large numbers. The wind just shifted big time.

Sheehan lost her son and has reacted by losing her mind. She deserves pity and respect for her loss, but I can't imagine how one would take political cues from her bizarre behavior.

Time will tell about Iraq. I think it would be a disaster to pull out. Either send another 100,000 in and get the job done, or show the attention span and spine to see things through. But we cannot fail or be seen to have failed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X