Courageous Senator Lott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courageous Senator Lott

When talking to CNN about who the President should nominate for the Supreme Court now that Miers has stepped down, Mr. Lott had this to say:

"The President should pick the best man, woman or minority that he can find."

You can view the video here, he's the third response down, and the comment is about halfway through the interview.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/...eax/index.html

Thank you, Mr. Lott, for having the courage to tack on minorities at the end of the list from where the candidate could be drawn. I'm certain no other Senator would even consider minorities, perhaps wanting the best "man or woman" or even the best "person" for the job. Hopefully the rest of us can follow your example, eventually coming to the conclusion that minorities might also be people like the rest of us.

In all seriousness, though, is anyone else annoyed that a Senator would make a comment like this?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Courageous Senator Lott

Poor Senator Lott. He really does mean well. He's just too old school to know that he's old school. Reminds me of a former boss, who used to tell me:

"You know, when I was a teenager I was really racist, but now I like the blacks."
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Oh who cares what Trent Lott says? Seems pretty nit-picky to harp on him about this. He lost his job for saying something nice to an ancient man at his birthday party. Now he's in trouble for explicitely including "minorities" in some remarks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
        "You know, when I was a teenager I was really racist, but now I like the blacks."
        LOL. Sounds like my Grandfather. He's done a lot of good things for "the blacks" but God bless him he's a racist. A benevolent racist, but a racist.

Comment

Not annoyed in the least.

Dirt013
          Dirt013

Comment

I blame the political correctness movement. It's gotten to the point that people can't say what they mean for fear of offending someone. It's ridiculous.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

<------- What he said

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed