What is a Man?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Man?

I am writing an English paper(DUE NOV.8) on what it takes to be a Man. I have the basic outline of the paper done, but I was wondering if I could get help from all you men on TG to work out the details, and supporting sentences.
    If you agree or disagree with what I have it doesn't matter because I will take all views into consideration.

Elaborate on these topics sentences please:

Topic sentence #1:

Media has portrayed what a man is supposed to be for a long time. Is what the media portrays the truth, or what society wants you to think?

Topic Sentence #2:

In the past men were tough and strong, they never showed emotion, and always had control.

Topic sentence #3:

Men today are defined as gentle, "lover boy" type people. The rough tough idea has been abandoned for more traits that appeal to women.

Re: What is a Man?

Men are the ones with penis. Doesn't take much more.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      I am writing an English paper(DUE NOV.8) on what it takes to be a Man. I have the basic outline of the paper done, but I was wondering if I could get help from all you men on TG to work out the details, and supporting sentences.
      If you agree or disagree with what I have it doesn't matter because I will take all views into consideration.

Elaborate on these topics sentences please:

Topic sentence #1:

Media has portrayed what a man is supposed to be for a long time. Is what the media portrays the truth, or what society wants you to think?

The media portrays what a man as what society wants a man to be. The bread winner, the faithful husband, the loving father, the caring and understanding gentleman.

Topic Sentence #2:

In the past men were tough and strong, they never showed emotion, and always had control.

Once again, Media portraying what a man should be as what society thinks a man should be. The media trys to portray the man as this highly emotional and understanding person who has no flaws.

Topic sentence #3:

Men today are defined as gentle, "lover boy" type people. The rough tough idea has been abandoned for more traits that appeal to women.

Media, again I know, in my opinion. TV shows these days show the husband as this guy who seems to understand everything either immediately or very quickly. They portray a man as what a woman wants a man to be, that kind and emotional guy you can talk to for hours and feel better.
      I added my thoughts in after all of your topic sentences. If you want to talk more on this then find me on AIM or MSN.

Comment

What is a man?

This guy: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/...eerly_departed
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
          Men are the ones with penis. Doesn't take much more.
          Plenty of people fill that requirement, but are not men.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
            lmfao yes I saw that earlier the other day! It sparked a debate about if what he did was right, because it was so crazy.

As for topic sentance #3,

The thought of being manly = compromising for women is merely a badly formed opinion. Media entirely. Many men don't fit in with the stereotypical woman's thought process, in fact (or opinion?) most of the more 'manly' men (the rough and tough ones disregarded these days) normally appear to be more appealing to women than the cliche television husband who does what Phantom cited.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
              lmfao yes I saw that earlier the other day! It sparked a debate about if what he did was right, because it was so crazy.
              What would you have done?

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan

As for topic sentance #3,

The thought of being manly = compromising for women is merely a badly formed opinion. Media entirely. Many men don't fit in with the stereotypical woman's thought process, in fact (or opinion?) most of the more 'manly' men (the rough and tough ones disregarded these days) normally appear to be more appealing to women than the cliche television husband who does what Phantom cited.
                Well, if a deer would come into my house I would fight it. Deer have really tasty meat(deer sausage). It is better to get a good fight out of a deer than to shoot it. Plus, would you shoot a gun in your own house.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                  Well, if a deer would come into my house I would fight it.
                  Now there's a contingency for which I have not planned. If a deer came into my house what would I do? Hmmm.

First, I'd strip down to my underwear. It's only fair. Then, I'd grease myself up and wrap a belt around my forehead and try to look Rambo. Skinny, yes. Pale, yes. But Rambo.

Then I'd tell my wife to watch the door while I called the cops. Then I'd go get a beer. Who wants to fight a freaking deer?

Comment

I've watched Bambi. Hunter 1, Deer 0. 'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                      Now there's a contingency for which I have not planned. If a deer came into my house what would I do? Hmmm.

First, I'd strip down to my underwear. It's only fair. Then, I'd grease myself up and wrap a belt around my forehead and try to look Rambo. Skinny, yes. Pale, yes. But Rambo.

Then I'd tell my wife to watch the door while I called the cops. Then I'd go get a beer. Who wants to fight a freaking deer?
                      When I am bored, I plan survival tactics in my head just in case soemthing happens to me.

I have also panned the senario if a genie would grant me 3 wishes, if i wont he lottery, and if i see a car wreak.

I Am always prepared.

Comment

If a deer went into my house i'd lead it out somehow. I wouldnt kill it in any case. Wouldnt be fair.
                        If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

It isn't fair on your part I hope. Deer have excellent endurance, and strength. They have sharp antlers and razor sharp hooves. Ok, maybe not razor sharp, but the still hurt.
                          It is a dog eat dog world man.

Comment

You can't just lead a deer out of your house. It's an animal, it gets stuck in a room and it freaks out cuz it can't get out!

Then it keeps trying and trying and either it gets out, or your room gets trashed and you have a hell of a time getting animal control in there.

Comment

It wouldnt be fair to kill it, i never said i'd wrestle it.

It will get out, and i dont have enough stuff to care if anything gets thrashed or not.
                              If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X