• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Shooting in Orange County involving SA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=1711278
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Re: Scary Shooting in Orange County involving SA

Yeah, this was brought up in the TacticalGamer IRC channel yesterday...

Surreal, ain't it?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, that's one word for it.
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

are you kidding me.....keep us upated on this
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Drama and dead children. Two things I like to avoid in forums.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

He was a teenager that suffered from a form of autism. He killed two neighbors and then himself for no explicable reason. He posted his intentions on several websites.
            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

jesus, you see you never know what kind of moron is on the other end of the keyboard.

now someone tell me, was a 19 year old legally able to buy a shotgun and not be able to drink, because this to me is fubar in its self..

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                jesus, you see you never know what kind of moron is on the other end of the keyboard.

now someone tell me, was a 19 year old legally able to buy a shotgun and not be able to drink, because this to me is fubar in its self..
                Those are two separate issues.
                [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I don't think he could of because he was autistic. I believe it would of been illegal to sell him a gun, not 100% sure about that though.

Comment

According to CA law you're right. He can legally own a shotgun, but not a beer. Of course it's illegal to kill anyone no matter if you're drinking or not.
                    New to TG?

Comment

its federal law....can be 18 to own a rifle and 21 for a pistol

but still 21 for beer and 18 to vote
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Depends on his mental capacity and the severity of it. If he had valid ID and walked into a gun store, and didn't show obvious signs of a mental defiiency, no record/ of mental disorders and no criminal record then there is not much you can do.
                        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                          According to CA law you're right. He can legally own a shotgun, but not a beer. Of course it's illegal to kill anyone no matter if you're drinking or not.

oh absolutly, but would you not agree that there is something lacking here.... i dont know the full facts, but a 19 yr old autistic person is able to buy a shotgun, for defense or not that seems a little dangerous to me.

but that is mad dont you think just on the perspective that you can own a gun, and the law assumes that you are responsable enough to use it where appropiate but you cant have a beer. hmmm thats a little ****ed up...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                            Depends on his mental capacity and the severity of it. If he had valid ID and walked into a gun store, and didn't show obvious signs of a mental defiiency, no record/ of mental disorders and no criminal record then there is not much you can do.

but do you not agree therefore that the age limit on alcohol and gun ownership are wrong... i personally dont agree with private ownershi of firearms, but i know its different over there.

my pont is, 18 is too young for the responsability of owning a gun, and if at 18 the state does not think you are responsable enough to drink, how can it possibly justify you being responsable enough to own a weapon.... that just seems backwards

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Alcohol consumption, firearms possession and the legality of those are not related to this topic. But since you have brought it up....

Because you live in the UK, I am assuming you are a native born Brit, I don't think that you can fully understand the culture over here. Just as I can not fully understand the culture there. Like what's up with that bread pudding crap? However, gun ownership, IMO, is not only a necessity but is a right. When we successfully threw off the colonial yoke those rights were given to every citizen under the 4th amendment. Studies have also shown that communites with higer percentages of concealed carry permits are safer communities. Of course, any study can be skewed to a particular viewpoint.

As far as the drinking age....I know that drinking alcohol in Europe is much different than here in the states. It is much more liberal. But then again so is the European continent. I however, tend to agree with the drinking age of 21. 18 is too young to be responsible enough to drink. Too many things can go wrong. And to head off an argument coming...Some people will argue that if you can be old enuogh to fight for your country then you should be old enough to drink. That is true to an extent. The military offers a controlled and trained environment. They teach you how to kill and be proficient in your particular area of expertise. Bars, saloons and pubs don't.

And since you don't advocate gun ownership how do you propose to keep the citizens safe from criminals who do have guns?
                              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X