Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bush and propaganda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bush and propaganda

    have you noticed that he never uses the term "Axis of Evil" anymore? from on start, i thought it was just a funny thing to say, now it's just pretty stupid should he mention that phrase again.

    also, i've lost track on the iraqi war story other than 2 facts:
    1) 2000 dead
    2) looks like we're not going out for a loooong while.

    i'm trying to make it sound like a spam complaint. maybe someone who knows this more than me can fill me in or something. thanks.

  • #2
    Re: bush and propaganda

    Personally I don't watch bodycount TV also known as Network and Cable news. Check this link for news from Iraq: http://goodnewsfromthefront.com/

    Go to the recent entries column on the right.
    New to TG?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: bush and propaganda

      And you don't think that a website called http://goodnewsfromthefront.com/ is going to be biase?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: bush and propaganda

        "also, i've lost track on the iraqi war story other than 2 facts:
        1) 2000 dead
        2) looks like we're not going out for a loooong while."

        Looks like the press is doing their job then.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: bush and propaganda

          Originally posted by Phantom
          And you don't think that a website called http://goodnewsfromthefront.com/ is going to be biase?
          Biased? By presenting good news instead of nothing but bad news? Yeah, I guess that's bias... :row__684:
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: bush and propaganda

            Oh, I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I got sucked in, dammit...


            All I want to say is that I'm sooo glad that I'm not French.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: bush and propaganda

              Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Oh, I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I got sucked in, dammit...


              All I want to say is that I'm sooo glad that I'm not French.
              lol

              it makes me :( to know bush is still our president. Anyone watch that documentary on discoverytimes, "Off to War" ?

              EDIT*
              Oops, forgot to add my point. At one point during that show one of the soldier's mom said she didn't vote for kerry because he "likes talking his way to get things done". Isn't this called diplomacy lol? Sad how brainwashed a lot of people are.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: bush and propaganda

                Originally posted by Eggplant999
                lol
                I didn't mean that to be funny. They've got some serious problems over there right now. If they ask the US for help, I don't know what I would like our President to do...

                I guess I'd want him to send help. I'd like to say that I'd want him to tell them to go screw themselves since they've left us high and dry so often lately, but, well, we're the good guys and we don't screw people over like that...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: bush and propaganda

                  Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I didn't mean that to be funny. They've got some serious problems over there right now. If they ask the US for help, I don't know what I would like our President to do...

                  I guess I'd want him to send help. I'd like to say that I'd want him to tell them to go screw themselves since they've left us high and dry so often lately, but, well, we're the good guys and we don't screw people over like that...
                  Well ya, but I've been hearing different things from every news source it seems like, some say its not bad at all, that it is contained to the rioter's neighbor hoods. And another source says 100s of cars burning..

                  http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...&q=riots+paris

                  At this point in time though, I'd hope that the french could handle it themselves, and I don't even know if we could send em proper help if we wanted to :/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: bush and propaganda

                    Seriously, what is the problem with the French right now? Why is everyone so pissed off at them? Because they didn't support us going to war for questionable reasons based on questionable evidence? Because they don't like the US's current foreign policy? Because they can sometimes be dicks? Did nobody else think it was extremely childish of us to rename french fries "freedom fries"? Nobody else thinks that its a little off that we've had several anti french riots and vandalism? Yeah, we saved their asses in WW2, but they saved OUR asses in the revolutionary war. Just because one side helped the other in the past doesn't mean the other needs to play kiss ass from then on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: bush and propaganda

                      Great, all we need is another bush thread.

                      We are going to be in Iraq for a while, but we will eventually get out. If we pull out now, then that will show a weakness and the enemy will take control over Iraq again.

                      Just look at all of the Similar Threads below.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: bush and propaganda

                        Originally posted by Karkianman101
                        Seriously, what is the problem with the French right now? Why is everyone so pissed off at them? Because they didn't support us going to war for questionable reasons based on questionable evidence? Because they don't like the US's current foreign policy? Because they can sometimes be dicks? Did nobody else think it was extremely childish of us to rename french fries "freedom fries"? Nobody else thinks that its a little off that we've had several anti french riots and vandalism? Yeah, we saved their asses in WW2, but they saved OUR asses in the revolutionary war. Just because one side helped the other in the past doesn't mean the other needs to play kiss ass from then on.
                        I 100% agree with this, imo it was whitehouse propaganda that turned our population to dislike the french. Bottom line is, it wasn't only france that didn't support us going into war, but nearly every other country also minus a few (don't forget poland!!).

                        It'd be sorta nice to see where our country would be at now if we hadn't attacked Iraq. Right now it seems our country is more feared than it is respected, and 10 years ago, I think it was opposite.

                        On a sidenote, anything think its funny that oil profits have nearly tripled over the last 5 years, and bush has been pres for 5 years?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: bush and propaganda

                          Originally posted by Eggplant999
                          Bottom line is, it wasn't only france that didn't support us going into war, but nearly every other country also minus a few (don't forget poland!!).
                          Were alone in it?


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: bush and propaganda

                            Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            I didn't mean that to be funny. They've got some serious problems over there right now. If they ask the US for help, I don't know what I would like our President to do...

                            I guess I'd want him to send help. I'd like to say that I'd want him to tell them to go screw themselves since they've left us high and dry so often lately, but, well, we're the good guys and we don't screw people over like that...
                            You know we do have police and armies in Europe of our own. It is only a bit of civil unrest and the french will deal with it. Going in guns blazing would make it worse not better. In fact it stemmed from anger at police treatment.

                            Also, Iraq aside, few people outside America would call the US "good guys" for their foreign policy at the moment. Case in point, see the "we control the internet so piss off" thread.
                            Wintermute

                            Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: bush and propaganda

                              How many countries did we have to pay to join?
                              Oh, and it was nice how we were threatening austrailia with the free trade treaty to join us:
                              http://www.apec.org.au/docs/fta2alb.pdf
                              http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committ...ons/sub515.pdf

                              And you can't agree with me straight-faced that those contributions by those countries save the top 3 or 4 were of any relevance. And do you honestly believe that all of those countries were "helping" us because they believed in the iraq war? or do you think it might have a little bit to do with the United States being a bully to the smaller nations?

                              You listed about 35 countries, some of which really have no political/economic standing whatsoever, but let's see, 35/243 countries = 14.4% of the countries supported the iraq war, which supports my statement that nearly every country did not support the iraq war, and it wasn't just the french.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X