OSU vs Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU vs Michigan

Okay boys and girls its the biggest game of the year.....OSU vs the Maze and blue....its always a good game no matter who is the better team during the year...Tressle has a 3-1 lead since he started coaching.....OSU has the best linebackers in the league...2 of the best recievers...Michigan has a great run defence and good pass coverage in those long downs.....who is going to win?

Michigan dominated the early years of the rivalry, compiling a 12-0-2 record in non-conference match-ups, 1897-1912. (Ohio State joined the Western Conference in 1912, but Michigan left the conference between 1907 and 1917.) Fielding Yost's 1901-1905 "point a minute" teams outscored the Buckeyes 214-6.

Michigan captain "Boss" Weeks about to stop Ohio for a short loss.
    1902 game at Regents Field, Ann Arbor

Michigan won the first conference game between the schools in 1918, but Ohio State then ran off three consecutive wins as Coach Wilce took the measure of Fielding Yost. Michigan responded with a five game winning streak before Ohio State closed the twenties with two victories. Michigan had a 7-5 advantage in the first 12 years of conference play.

Michigan held the edge at the beginning and end of the thirties, but Ohio thoroughly dominated the middle years. Michigan was 3-1 against Ohio enroute to claiming four conference titles and two national championships from 1930-1933. Ohio then reeled off four consecutive shutouts, outscoring the Wolverines 112-0. Tom Harmon and Forrest Evashevski led a revived Michigan program to victories in 1938 and 1939. Harmon closed his career with a brilliant performance - rushing for 2 touchdowns, throwing for two, returning an interception for a score and converting 4 extra-points - in Michigan's 40-0 victory at Columbus in 1940.

Ohio State's 1942 national champions defeated Michigan 21-7, but the Buckeyes managed only one more series win during the forties as UM compiled a 6-2-2 advantage. Michigan opened the 1950s with an upset victory in the "Snow Bowl" and defeated Woody Hayes' in his first UM-OSU game in 1951. Over the next eighteen years Hayes led teams posted a 12-6 record in the big game. Bo and Woody were close to even over the next ten years and then Earl Bruce posted a 5-4 record against Bo to complete a 20 year stretch in which only once was a team able to win three games in a row. (UM, 1976-1978). Beginning with Bo's last season, Michigan entered a period of dominance, posting a 9-2-1 record for 1989-2000. Jim Tressel revived the Buckeye's fortunes with wins in 2001 and 2002, becoming the second Ohio coach to go 2-0 against the Wolverines.

Ohio All-American halfback Chic Harley scored on a 40-yard run in OSU's first victory in 1919.

The Michigan yearbook's caption for the photo read:
    "This is the play that gave Ohio the victory. Harley is making up his mind whether to pass to Stinchcomb or to plunge through Michigan's bewildered line."

Link
    OSU
    54.55%
    Michigan
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: OSU vs Michigan

Michigan, if for no other reason than because I was born in Lansing ;)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Being a UofM grad, I have NOTHING nice to say about OSU...in fact, I can't even say what I want to in this thread about OSU :(

Comment

I'm also a UofM grad....and so was my grandfather, my father, my brother, my uncle and my eldest daughter as of next month. And my family has had the same season tickets under the canopy on the 50 since the 1940's. So all I can say is:

GO BLUE!!!

:^)

Comment

I hope Oklahoma State wins!

What? Ohio? Huh?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You might also be thinking of Oregon.
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
              You might also be thinking of Oregon.
              Go Beavs!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Seriously, how can you not root for the Beavers????
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I root for beavers!

Enough said. Say no more.

Comment

wow talk about taking a wholesome thread and make it about a furry animal that likes wood....geez
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Fnarr, fnarr!!

Comment

I've got my tickets. Go Blue!

Comment

I am about the biggest Ohio State Buckeyes fan alive. Cing man, whats up, ragging on the bucks. LOL. I live about 90 miles south of Columbus!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!! Beat the team who must not be named

Comment

Oh yeah i forgot, check out the avatar, thats where the name comes from Brutus the Buckeye

Comment

My father grew up in columbus, so you have a friend in him, Brutus.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X