Nice article from up north

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article from up north

For those of us who enjoyed the weekend's squirming...

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/williams112105.htm

Re: Nice article from up north

Democrats screamed foul as they were dragged kicking and screaming to their moment of truth. When Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-Ohio), recounted a conversation with a Marine colonel on the House floor telling her colleagues, "He asked me to send Congress a message--stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message--that cowards cut and run, Marines never do," the House erupted into a shouting match with Democrats taking obvious offense to the message.

But Democrats had been reading anti-war messages from home on the floor of congress, parading anti-war poster-mom Cindy Sheehan from sea to shining sea for months and not a single Republican squealed foul. The hypocrisy of today’s Democrats is unbelievable. They make the psychedelic Democrats of the 60’s look sane…
    If you haven't heard the audio of Rep. Schmidt's words as described here, you're missing out. The uproar is quite humorous!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      If you haven't heard the audio of Rep. Schmidt's words as described here, you're missing out. The uproar is quite humorous!

Linky?
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
        Linky?
        I heard it on the radio. I did a quick Google for it, and came up empty handed... Sorry.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Democrats screamed foul as they were dragged kicking and screaming to their moment of truth. When Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-Ohio), recounted a conversation with a Marine colonel on the House floor telling her colleagues, "He asked me to send Congress a message--stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message--that cowards cut and run, Marines never do," the House erupted into a shouting match with Democrats taking obvious offense to the message.
          It's at times like these that I'm proud to be an Aussie. Our parliament is quite regularly like this. I'm damn serious here!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

A blog on the internet complaining about politics? What a find. For starters, it has nothing to do with Canada, the author is american. Here's a US link:
            http://www.theconservativevoice.com/....html?id=10103

The Tribune column says "The House overwhelmingly rejected the GOP resolution late Friday in a 403-3 vote," a poorly veiled effort to imply a Republican failure of some sort. But what really happened?
            Those liberal bastards!

Try reading the real story:
            http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed

The Chicago Tribune discusses the whole matter. Given the silly, unashamedly biased blog post has but the one source, you might as well skip JB Williams and get it straight from the horse's mouth, eh?

As for the rest of the blog, complaints about the democrats whining 24-7, why not a link to a reputable source? For the reference, all the "research" I did was taking the sneaky tribune quote and punching it in to google news.

Comment

Yeah, those liberal bastards. I've been doing research for years by reading the NY Times daily. As far as "reputable" sources go, the blogs are now king in that department. The MSM have squandered any credibility they once had.

Comment

So you get your news from political blogs, because they have sooooo much more credibility than the major newswires.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

No, I get my news from as many sources as possible. I've read the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal and whatever local paper is around daily for 20 years. I read the Economist and New Yorker weekly. Etc. And I read the blogs - liberal and conservative.

Comment

Good to hear. I just think it's amusing that you say blogs have more credibility than an established newspaper, considering that a professional reporter is more likely (note: not guaranteed) to have a better handle on impartiality than someone with a computer and an axe to grind.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                      Good to hear. I just think it's amusing that you say blogs have more credibility than an established newspaper, considering that a professional reporter is more likely (note: not guaranteed) to have a better handle on impartiality than someone with a computer and an axe to grind.
                      If you were to read EVERY blog, then I'd agree with you, but if you limit yourself to the credible blogs, then I'd say that your statement is becoming less and less true as time goes by...

Comment

I would in no way class the above as a "nice article." Even if I wanted to read an article in favour of the Republicans and the war, I would have to look hard to find a worse article.
                        House Republicans forced House Democrats to put up or shut up!
                        With such poor grammar and almost comic sensationalism in the very first paragraph this is a good example of bad writing.
                        Although Democrats have worked the nation into a frenzy of division over the mission in Iraq, repeatedly calling for retreat and withdrawal of our troops for benefit of their friends in the press, when push came to shove, given the opportunity to act in favor of what they had been demanding for months, their formal position was shall we say, somewhat different than all their heated rhetoric.
                        Firstly, the author needs to stop his gushing long enough to insert a full stop. Secondly, do you really take this evil liberal media stuff seriously? How would ending the war benefit the press anyway?
                        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X