$8499.00 Old Computer LOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $8499.00 Old Computer LOL

I guess putting Windows XP Pro on there is out of the question LOL.

I can't believe that a 20mhz PC sold for almost $9000.00 15 years ago. Wonder how much they charged for a 14" Monitor and the Mouse. Another $1000.00?

[TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
    5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
    [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Re: $8499.00 Old Computer LOL

I know this is not as dramatic, but my family paid $1500 for a 100mhz comp in 1995.
    And another $2000 in 2000 for a 600 mhz comp.

Comment

they will be saying the same thing about our comps in the next 5 yrs!!!

Comment

We've got some vintage ads in our forums here:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...?threadid=4202

I'd attach a sample but it's over the size limit and I can't leech the graphics from there. There's a classic Vic ad with William Shatner.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
          We've got some vintage ads in our forums here:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...?threadid=4202

I'd attach a sample but it's over the size limit and I can't leech the graphics from there. There's a classic Vic ad with William Shatner.
          LOL those bring back memories. I actually just broke out my old Kaypro 2 last weekend and played space invaders on it's "Massive 6-inch(Diagonal) screen".

Comment

Is it recursive to resurrect an ancient thread about ads for ancient computers?

http://www.boredpanda.com/vintage-computer-ads/

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I love this thread...Feels so nostalgic.. I remember sitting in the Library at School (high school) in the mid/late 80's reading COMPUTE! magazin..kind hoping to see an article or two about my C64.. Later it was Info and AmigaWorld. I still havea ton of those in my basement, much to the chagrin of my wife. Good times.. Remember the old HUGE computer Shopper magazines.. Before the web you has to sell PC stuff some way.. Heh..Great stuff..
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I remember getting Computer Shopper and its two competitors delivered free each week, because I was the company computer guy. And I'd pretty much read them cover to cover. And BYTE magazine, which covered all the architectures, unlike PC World/Magazine/Whatever which just covered the crappy thing IBM was pushing to the ignorant masses. (I was an Amiga owner.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X