Firefly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly

Anyone here fans of the show Firefly? I'd heard it talked about a lot on geek shows like This Week in Tech and knew a little about it, but I just watched the first season and then Serenity and it's surprisingly good! We're all some level of geeks on here, so I figure there's got to be a few other Firefly fans about. :)
    Beatnik

Re: Firefly

Shiny.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Indeed, seen it all, and it's all good.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
        Anyone here fans of the show Firefly? I'd heard it talked about a lot on geek shows like This Week in Tech and knew a little about it, but I just watched the first season and then Serenity and it's surprisingly good! We're all some level of geeks on here, so I figure there's got to be a few other Firefly fans about. :)
        Man, Firefly was completely awesome. So many great one-liners. I finished watching the season a few weeks ago, but by then all the cinemas had stop showing Serenity :(
        Now I have to wait till the DVD release..

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
        |TG-2nd|munchkin
        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

"Preacher, doesn't the Bible have a few things to say about killin'?"

"Oh, some very clear things to say. But it gets a little hazy on the subject of kneecaps."
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Shiny.
            Agreed.

Comment

My mom LOVED Serenity, calling it Star Wars for adults. Then she just plain refused to watch all of the pilot episode. :(

Comment

I <3 Firefly. Didn't get a chance to see the movie but that's what DVD's are for. That and Farscape are the best SciFi shows ever made IMO. Stargate comes in a close second.

---

Comment

yah great show i was pissed they canceled it......but when it comes out for video imma rent it
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Bought the series, really great show (lots and lots of potential). The movie was really great from a fanboy perspective, but Im sure alot of people are scratching their heads thinking wtf about some aspects of the movie.
                    USAR

Comment

Loved the show since I first saw it on TV a couple of years ago. The movie was pretty good and shocking! Firefly fans that haven't seen the movie are in for a surprise. Fans that have seen the movie may want to read Ron Swartzendruber's summary in 2000 words or less (funny but spoiler ridden!).

It's too bad the movie didn't do well in theatres. It really did seem catered to fans and not to getting new interest. I don't know if there will be a second or even a third movie at this point. DVD sales may be able to change this!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                        Loved the show since I first saw it on TV a couple of years ago. The movie was pretty good and shocking! Firefly fans that haven't seen the movie are in for a surprise. Fans that have seen the movie may want to read Ron Swartzendruber's summary in 2000 words or less (funny but spoiler ridden!).

It's too bad the movie didn't do well in theatres. It really did seem catered to fans and not to getting new interest. I don't know if there will be a second or even a third movie at this point. DVD sales may be able to change this!
                        I didn't see the numbers on it, but I thought it had a respectable run. Joss did a good job balancing placating fanbois, and bringing in new fans.

I didn't watch the show, I saw Serenity first, and have been renting the episodes. I wasn't lost.

I thought "Finally, someone gave us a smart AND entertaining Sci-fi movie."

Comment

Best gorram TV show since Babylon 5 (lumping in Serenity too, as it's just a big-screen episode IMO).

(Sidenote - The new Battlestar Galactica is one helluva close second, though. Glad that show made it to second season and is still in production!)

Comment

Oh i did forget the new BSG didn't i? Great show.

---

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              I didn't see the numbers on it, but I thought it had a respectable run. Joss did a good job balancing placating fanbois, and bringing in new fans.

I didn't watch the show, I saw Serenity first, and have been renting the episodes. I wasn't lost.

I thought "Finally, someone gave us a smart AND entertaining Sci-fi movie."
                              The movie didn't do as well as fans hoped. I think Universal's target was around $80 million worldwide and they barely reached half by November. The film was dropped from most large theatres in NA after a month and even the smaller theatres dropped it shortly after. It was close to breaking even despite its small budget but I guess it's hard for a movie to break even these days. DVD sales are really going to decide the future of this franchise.

My friend went with her boyfriend to one of the screenings and didn't like it. She felt completely out of it and didn't understand why others would laugh at certain parts. I could see where she was coming from when I saw the movie. It's tough to write a story that will satisfy fans and new viewers. Non-fans wouldn't know that there's something going on between Kaylee and Simon or even Mal and Inara. Those were developed over several episodes in the TV series and it's hard to recap that in 2 hours. The movie was done decently but I also think advertising really hurt. I didn't like the theatrical trailer. Another friend saw it, turned to me and said, "That looks stupid." I had to explain that the TV series is actually really good but had to agree the trailer sucked. There wasn't much advertising to lure movie-goers that hadn't seen the TV series. It was *wham*, *bang*, this is going to be one kickass sci-fi movie. The cast doesn't have big name actors and advertising never pushed the characters to really get us interested.

I just got a bad feeling that this is the last of Firefly. It's kind of like when Farscape was cancelled and finally Peacekeeper Wars was released. After watching that, I gave up hope for a revival.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X