Has anyone seen this clip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen this clip?

Someone shared this with me, its a footage of helicopter in Iraq bllwing things up, I dont understand some of it but its quite amazing...

http://www.ugoto.com/videos/military-targeting.html

[cross][conduct]
    Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Re: Has anyone seen this clip?

that's actually an ac130 gunship (airplane).. cool video though!!

Comment

Pretty cool, you have to realize though that what you're watching for entertainment is people dying

Aside from that... \m/ rock on \m/

Comment

What the hell were they yelling every few seconds? 30?

Comment

Cool video. It's kinda weird how they just seem to look at stuff and it blows up. You can't see anything getting fired from the plane but then whatever they're looking at explodes
          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Yeah someone explain to us what is going on :p

Comment

Originally posted by millipede777
              Cool video. It's kinda weird how they just seem to look at stuff and it blows up. You can't see anything getting fired from the plane but then whatever they're looking at explodes

Well someone said it was an AC-130 gunship, if thats the case then they are firing shells. You wouldnt be able to see them like lets say a rocket or a stream of cannon fire

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                They AC-130 gunship has a 105mm howitzer on board...that's right...a friggin' cannon. They were yelling during the reloading process. Arty crews on the ground do the same thing. Just imagine a tank crew reloading the main gun (lots of yelling). I imagine an AC-130 is pretty loud, so the yelling was probably necessary. They also have two Vulcans (aka miniguns) and a 40mm gun to boot. It looks like they were only using the 40mm and the 105mm.

The reason you do not see any rounds before impact is because the 40mm round and the 105mm are not equipped with tracers. The explosion from their impact is so large that you would not need a tracer to see where your rounds are landing. With a LMG or HMG you can walk your rounds on to the target by watching the tracers, but with rounds this large you can use the impacts for that.
                |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_Swift
                  They AC-130 gunship has a 105mm howitzer on board...that's right...a friggin' cannon. They were yelling during the reloading process. Arty crews on the ground do the same thing. Just imagine a tank crew reloading the main gun (lots of yelling). I imagine an AC-130 is pretty loud, so the yelling was probably necessary. They also have two Vulcans (aka miniguns) and a 40mm gun to boot. It looks like they were only using the 40mm and the 105mm.

The reason you do not see any rounds before impact is because the 40mm round and the 105mm are not equipped with tracers. The explosion from their impact is so large that you would not need a tracer to see where your rounds are landing. With a LMG or HMG you can walk your rounds on to the target by watching the tracers, but with rounds this large you can use the impacts for that.
                  Ok, I get it. I'm glad there aren't any of these things in BF2.
                  AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Check this out:

AC-130 Gunship Goodness
                    |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

they had one of those (or something similar) in desert combat, it ruled

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
                        actually they are saying ready(thats what it sounds like to me) ..IIRC one guy loads and one guy closes chamber or something...anyways...sounds like the ac130 is at 10k feet or above...you can hear the guys on ox.....god i want to go fly on one of these so bad....

Comment

The 40mm cannon is god.. an A10 has a 30mm cannon on it's nose.. this cannon can chew thru the Armour on a MBT like it was cheese.. now add 10mm more and give each round an exploding head.... The ac130 is very loud being a turbo prop airplane.. the prblem is it's based on a hercules transport. so you never know if it's going to drop supplies or if you are toast. Closest thing the Candian Armed Forces has up here is a guy flying a Herc while the copilot shoots a pistol out the window

Comment

Originally posted by lokka
                            Closest thing the Candian Armed Forces has up here is a guy flying a Herc while the copilot shoots a pistol out the window
                            I wouldn't want to run into one of those ;)
                            AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by lokka
                              Closest thing the Candian Armed Forces has up here is a guy flying a Herc while the copilot shoots a pistol out the window
                              Hopefully it's at least a big pistol. :)
                              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X