Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Christmas For You! **Language Warning**

http://www.illwillpress.com/

Especially humorous to me because I might express myself to friends exactly the way that creature thing did...

Well... Without the funny voice...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: No Christmas For You! **Language Warning**

I bet your voice sounds the same.:icon_cool

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      http://www.illwillpress.com/

Especially humorous to me because I might express myself to friends exactly the way that creature thing did...

Well... Without the funny voice...
      It's not a creature thing :anger:

It's a squirrel.

One thing though. While I am not offended by school Christmas plays, I do think that if the school endorses one major religion, it shouldn endorse them all, by celebrating and putting on a play for one holiday a year from each religion that is represented by someone in the student body or faculty.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
        One thing though. While I am not offended by school Christmas plays, I do think that if the school endorses one major religion, it shouldn endorse them all, by celebrating and putting on a play for one holiday a year from each religion that is represented by someone in the student body or faculty.
        I think I agree. Growing up, our school xmas shows were always about 60% secular songs, 35% christmas songs, and 5% chanukah songs. And that probably matched the religious makeup of my school pretty closely.

I think that forbidding mention of christmas because it might offend a jew, muslim, atheist or some other religion is just silly.

Let's be more tolerant, not less...

Oh, and if so, then that's one ugly squirrel...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That was pretty good. I'm with you guys, especially the part about the multicultural holiday events, however that could get complicated in places like New York where there are so many religions represented.
          |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

"No ****ing Little Drummer bastard."
            "That's why I like Santa. He's a fat bastard, and works one day a year."

Comment

His name is Foamy btw yes he is a squirrel and i feel the same way about it.. they take xmas away i'm taking every one of their holidays or religious beliefs and shoving it up their you know what.

Comment

Last I checked, us atheists don't have a holiday.

that's one ugly squirrel...
                Check out Ren and Stimpy (before Nickelodeon nerfed the cartoon).
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Yes, that is Foamy, and there are some pretty funny T-shirts about him, like the one about the flying monkeys. I'll have to find an image of it.

Comment

oldschool Ren and Stimpy was awesome.

Comment

What ever happened to Christmas anyways? All of a sudden it was like... gone?

Now I have Virgin Mobile singing Chrismahanukwanzakah every time I turn on a radio or the television. Where's Christmas? It's a subtitle.

I'm all for respecting other religion's holidays, and I try to If I'm informed of them. But I'm starting to be afraid of what holiday's my kid's will be celebrating (When I have kids, that is.) It hasn't felt like Christmas anywhere the past few years.
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I'd love a quiet November and December without all the hullaballoo. I sooo look forward to January.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

In my primary school we celebrated just about every religious holiday of every religion represented at the school. Since The school was about equal parts white / muslim/ sikh / afro-caribean with a few Jews and Hindhus we had a "religious assembly" a couple of times a month. We also had a school "international day" when all cultures were celebrated. I am grateful for growing up in such a diverse environment even if it was over politically correct. I am glad that I know so much about other cultures and religions.

I now live in an area with a massive muslim population. A month or so ago one night, every road was blocked for miles around. The roads were bumper to bumper with suped up cars with suped up sound system each packed full of partying Asians and the sky was filled with fireworks all night.

Many of my friends from more rural parts asked what was going on. I said "oh it's just Eid." Blanks stares... "you know, the end of Ramadan?" more blank stares...
                          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I hate it when that happens. I went to one of those barmitzma thingeys and i didn't understand a single word. it wouldn't have been so boring if i had understood any of it.

Comment

It annoyed me when people said "Merry Christmas" to me at stores when I was out getting stuff. I honestly just think it's ignorant. Yet I just say "Happy Hannukah" back. Then I get a confused expression.
                              [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                              [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...